Possible Real Estate Bug

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
radovan
Level 2 user

Possible Real Estate Bug

Post by radovan »

Whenever I try to focus on real estate part of the game, I find it impossible to manage the company normally, as I can never sell my residential and commercial buildings. Not even after 100 years in game. Neither when the buildings appreciate nor when they depreciate.

Basically, I see that there is "Sell" button on owned residential and commercial buildings, but it seems to be completely useless. I tried to sell buildings hundreds of times, in both release and post release versions of the game, and I was never able to sell a single building.

I wanted to ask other users if you have encountered this problem during your play.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Possible Real Estate Bug

Post by David »

I guess the AI is more interested in doing real estate development from scratch. By buying land plots at low costs, it would be able to make a bigger profit. The potential profits from buying existing apartments from other companies may be slimmed in AI's view.
radovan
Level 2 user

Post by radovan »

Could you then bring back the option from the original Capitalism 2, to set asking price for the buildings which we want to sell? Or, perhaps there is already such an option, but I cannot seem to find it? In any case, I guess that this way AI would be more motivated to purchase if I sold the building for somewhere around 20% under market value.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I asked our dev team about this and they told me that there is already AI code for considering purchasing apartments from the player but the AI usually prefers developing a large real estate project from scratch by buying a large area of land in a rural area at low costs, and develop the area into a flourishing community with retail shops and public facilities .The expected return from such projects is significantly larger than buying a single apartment with 10-20% discount.
condos305

Post by condos305 »

When one gets the real estate bug, then it is logical to take this business to the highest level possible, as fast as possible. The standard rule of thumb is to start part time, and go full time when your part time income equals your current full time income. Build your base first. Your base consists of your experience, your knowledge, your motivation, your credit, your asset base, and your cash flow. All successful endeavors start with a plan, and short and long term goals.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

Why do I feel like I was just scroogled?
Esoteric Rogue
Level 6 user

Post by Esoteric Rogue »

condos305 wrote:spam
WilliamMGary wrote:Why do I feel like I was just scroogled?
LOL, just report the post, we don't need to bump it :)

I'll go look up "scroogled" now ;)
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

Esoteric Rogue wrote:
condos305 wrote:spam
WilliamMGary wrote:Why do I feel like I was just scroogled?
LOL, just report the post, we don't need to bump it :)

I'll go look up "scroogled" now ;)
Make sure you Bing it ;)