general tips +

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
greewoch
Level 2 user

general tips +

Post by greewoch »

in Cap 2, you could just start making drugs/beds but in Caplab, things aren't that easy. Here are a few tips for the game.
I might add more from time to time, let me know if anyone interested. Also feel free to ask any questions ^^

->
Always start with selling products from seaports, especially prefer the ones which needs high quality rating / low brand rating
For starters; selling livestock products, bed & sofa, golf clubs , gold rings in high wage rated cities means always profit.
->
-Always borrow all the money you can from bank; if nothing; just build commercial buildings in cities with high office space demand
For starters try to build your commercial buildings close to stock exchange building, which is also the center of town. Also build them at high trafic areas.
Tip; mouseover a convencience store (or any store 2x2 size) to see the trafic value of an area, try to build your commerical buildings on areas with 60+ trafic value
->
Use your product expertise for good! especially if it is toys or computer, build a r&d center as soon as you feel comfortable to afford it's monthly costs.
if you dont want to spend your precious money at start you can still buy the technology from your competitors ( like 1,5, 2 years after the game starts ) check your competitors to see if anyone invented a new product; which are also the most profitable things in the game.
For starters; those products can't be produced at the start, you need to invent the required technology in r&d centers. video game consoles, compact cameras, notebook computers etc
->
After a few years, it will be hard to keep control of your retail stores because of quality changes, new competitors etc, especially if you have factories and advertising your products, solution is simple; hire a chief operation Officer!
Tip; check the persons section to see if anyone avaible to hire with high farming expertise (prefer 60+ expertise). if yes, prefer to hire him/her (retail expertise is also a big plus). if you have a few farms that selling livestock products, you will hardly notice the salary of your CMO because your livestock product profits gonna skyrocket!
For starters, start building farms like this; frozen lamb-frozen beef-frozen pork in 1 farm and 2x frozen chicken- 1x eggs in 1 farm.
generally if the city population is higher then 2,5 millions make large farms, if not; medium farms are enough. build 2x convenience stores per medium farm and 3x for larger farms,
->
Retail store patterns; Generally, 1 purchase, 1 sale is not a good choice (especially if supply is enough) so here is a few patterns which I generally use, for factories; wildcard factory plans are very good.

1-livestock products where I dont need an advertise unit,
2- 2x products
3- 3x products