Consolidated Reporting

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab

Should there be a consolidated balance sheet and income statement for parent and subs?

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes: 31

Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Consolidated Reporting

Post by Arcnor »

With the new expansion, having a consolidated report showing the performance of the parent company and all subsidiaries consolidated into one balance sheet and income statement.

This can particular be important if you are using your parent company as a holding company.
Last edited by Arcnor on Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: Consolidated Reporting

Post by Arcnor »

Just to provide a visual of where this report could show as an option.
Attachments
financials.PNG
financials.PNG (1.29 MiB) Viewed 5169 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I would suggest that you create a poll and see if other users also want to see it implemented. With enough interest from users, I will forward the request to the dev team.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

Added a poll
therealevan
Level 4 user

Post by therealevan »

I like this idea Arcnor, I have voted!
xerphiel

Post by xerphiel »

Yes this would be perfect, this would be brilliant add on for the subsidiary DLC.
au8633
Level 3 user

Post by au8633 »

Well In the Real world the parent reports on all activity on all businesses so yea totally
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

David any word from Development team if this is a possibility?
Berbe
Level 3 user

Post by Berbe »

I see that poll has had an overwhelmingly & exclusively positive answer 3 years ago.

Note that consolidated statements are not only useful for the Subsidiary DLC, but is something to rework basegame-wise, as you could already be owning other companies through stock market shares buyouts.

I would even add that consolidated financials is one basic resource needed to really know/understand what is going on. In another suggestion, attempted to take a broader glance at the situation at hands, I asked for more proper financial reporting/dashboard in general.

It seems there is already quite some backlog on potentially interesting core game mechanisms rework. Would that suggestion have a chance to hatch?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

My understanding is that it will not be straightforward to read the consolidated report as it needs to apply the percentage of your ownership of the subsidiary company to any financial figures on the statements. For instance, for a subsidiary company which your company own 80%, the amount of its cash that is consolidated into the report needs to be multiplied by 80% first.

The added level of complication may exceed what most users may feel comfortable with.