COO/CMO/CTO balancing

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
therealevan
Level 4 user

COO/CMO/CTO balancing

Post by therealevan »

I think these AI components desperately need to be reworked in order for the subsidiary DLC to function correctly. Here are my observations with the AI officers:

1) MASSIVELY overpriced in terms of salary for what they return to your company
2) Asking for ridiculous salary raises (example, my recently hired COO had one year of service, asked for a $8M raise)
3) Officers (mainly the COO) don't give back enough to the company to be worthy of salary

Here are a few things that should be addressed;

Reducing the salary of all officers. To be honest, you should be able to have officers from the first year of your company. Start ups IRL have company officers, the players should be able to have that option in this DLC as well. As of right now you very well can have company officers at the start, but you'l be bankrupt in months from having a officer that is way over paid.

Secondly, a goal/objective feature should be implemented for company officers to work for raises. Such as reaching X amount of operating profit for the COO to receive an X amount of pay raise. Instead of the current system where they just ask randomly for the obscene gross amount of a raise.

Does anyone else have comments or opinions about this mechanic? Please share.
kmarano

Re: COO/CMO/CTO balancing

Post by kmarano »

ffg355

Post by ffg355 »

I can not agree more!
Zlot

Post by Zlot »

Put this into your custom script:

CEO Salary Modifier=15

COO Salary Modifier=15

CTO Salary Modifier=15

CMO Salary Modifier=15

That gives reasonable Salaries in my opinion. But I agree that the standard values should be tweaked, so that you don't have to use a script.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

In the DLC, there are 3 persons in the person list (as opposite to one in the normal version without DLC) with no expertise who demand lower salaries.
therealevan
Level 4 user

Post by therealevan »

David, is there any particular reason on why officers shouldn't have adjusted or balanced salaries?
therealevan
Level 4 user

Post by therealevan »

To further my point, here is one of those three persons at the top of the list who have NO expertise.

A $176M annual salary for my coming whos operating profit is only $100M?????
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

In what way you would suggest for making the COO/CMO/CTO salaries more reasonable?

Would you like to see reductions of their salaries by a constant percentage so long as the game is started with the Subsidiary DLC enabled? Or how do you think the balancing should be done?
therealevan
Level 4 user

Post by therealevan »

In what way you would suggest for making the COO/CMO/CTO salaries more reasonable?
I could see salaries being more reasonable in two ways,

1) When hiring an officer, the agreed salary is in a correlating percentage to the company's operating profit. (Example, if I am generate $100M in OP, the salary would be at 7.5%) (Using the DLC as a catalyst for long-term games)

OR

2) In initial hiring of the officer, the salary remains at a fixed rate but remains there until the salary is renegotiated. However using this option, the salary must be much more cost effective than the salary posted in previous posts. Ideally here we should encourage players to hiring officers to help reduce the amount of micromanagement that is required of them.

In addition to #2, officers can only ask for a pay raise once a year, and the pay raise must be a small fraction of a increase, say at most, 3% increase. And if it is possible, they can only ask for a raise after they've met a goal set by the player such as reaching X amount of operating profit.
Zlot

Post by Zlot »

David wrote:In what way you would suggest for making the COO/CMO/CTO salaries more reasonable?
Between 15% and 20% of the current salary.