(MOD) REALWORLD 11.5 (it requires Digital Age DLC to run) by Piermario

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: (MOD) REALWORLD 11.28 (it requires Digital Age DLC to run) and 11.23 for all DLC (by Piermario)

Post by David »

piermario wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:49 am Ciao guys i don't know how to solve it maybe David can help us
Please follow the instructions on this guide for integrating the video game mod kit into your mod: https://www.capitalismlab.com/digital-a ... ing-guide/

If you have any questions that are not answered by the guide, please let me know.
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: (MOD) REALWORLD 11.28 (it requires Digital Age DLC to run) and 11.23 for all DLC (by Piermario)

Post by piermario »

Ok i will retry
i notice in videogame mod kit i download there's 2 same fields
INTERNET VID_STORE Video Compression 0 0 0
and
INTERNET VID_STORE Video Storage System 0 0 0
which i should add?thanks
p.
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by piermario »

I repack all but now i got this error at startup
Attachments
Cattura di schermata (102).png
Cattura di schermata (102).png (2.01 MiB) Viewed 809 times
David

Post by David »

Please note that the video game mod kit provides an alternative set of content focusing on the video game industry which replaces the software industry in the Digital Age DLC.

In other words, it is not possible to have both software and video games in the same mod. If your mod has both, then it is likely that it is the reason that caused the error.

----

The key feature of the video game mod kit is the ability to create unique game products that can be owned by a company only. Let's say that you add "Restaurant Empire" into the mod. This "Restaurant Empire" game can only be owned by a single company in the game. Once it is owned by it, other companies cannot produce "Restaurant Empire". This feature is not available in the normal version and may introduce some interesting gameplay, as there will be incentive to collect as many game franchises and products as possible in the player's point of view.

If you are interested in utilizing this new feature, I would suggest that you create a new mod specifically for video games with lots of custom video game products and retain software products in your RealWorld mod.

----

Please delete "INTERNET VID_STORE Video Compression 0 0 0" and keep "INTERNET VID_STORE Video Storage System 0 0 0"
SIH
Level 2 user

Post by SIH »

Oh!..

Is it impossible for common software and game software to coexist in one mode?!!

:o
David

Post by David »

It is because the way the mod kit works is that the game OS replaces the computer OS, and the video game consoles replace the desktop computers, video game products replace software products.
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by piermario »

Oh!..

Is it impossible for common software and game software to coexist in one mode?!!
So my solution was to add videogames like software products.
I update link in 1st page, you can download and replace older one.
Ciao
chengtsai
Level 4 user

Post by chengtsai »

At this moment, is there a way to sell computer OS AND game OS software simultaneously?
SIH
Level 2 user

Post by SIH »

chengtsai wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:59 am At this moment, is there a way to sell computer OS AND game OS software simultaneously?

It seems impossible to sell game OS and computer OS together.
According to David, game software industry can not coexist with the general software industry.

As an alternative. Piermario solved this by modifying the mode.
The game software industry has changed its format to the general software industry.

In other words, the game software industry is now general software industry.
Download and install version 11.28 on page 1 again.

This means you can not use some of the features of video game mode, but you can at least create and sell game software in the usual software format.

I believe Piermario made the best choice....
:)
SIH
Level 2 user

Post by SIH »

piermario wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:34 pm
Oh!..

So my solution was to add videogames like software products.
I update link in 1st page, you can download and replace older one.
Ciao
The problem has been solved thanks to your efforts.
Thanks you.