Survival mode

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab

Would you be interested in such a survival mode?

Yes
83%
No
7%
Not sure
10%

Total votes: 30

David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Survival mode

Post by David »

Would you like to see the City Economic Simulation DLC geared towards providing Survival gameplay, challenging the player to set up a new city from the ground up.

It will be a significantly different gaming experience than a typical Capitalism game where cities are already developed to a certain extent in the beginning of the game and your objective is primarily to maximize your corporation's profit. In the survival mode, it could be extremely challenging to wear the hats of both the corporation's CEO and a city mayor (through the political party you control) struggling to find revenue streams from a city where consumer demands are very limited due to its small population.
cumulonimbus
Level 2 user

Re: Survival mode

Post by cumulonimbus »

very nice!!!! So happy for seeing this :D
dimond
Level 3 user

Post by dimond »

very interest. maybe it will much more challenge about stock market if have people trade buy and sell it very interest like a bid offer
anjali
Level 4 user

Post by anjali »

great idea thats for sure, might make the whole game harder, as its too damn easy at the moment.
David

Post by David »

anjali wrote:great idea thats for sure, might make the whole game harder, as its too damn easy at the moment.
Have you tried the new "King of Capitalism" goal without manipulating the stock market for quick profits? Did you find the goal still too easy to achieve?
ba127
Level 2 user

Post by ba127 »

I am thinking of this in terms of a single city and you are the only corporation. That would be very interesting, to start with basic needs and work your way up. Start as the corner store, and work your way up. Another variant could be like mining towns, where your corporation basically controls the entire town to serve your main industry, but you have to build other stores and basic needs to serve the population.

Multiple cities seems a bit harder to make hard, since your corporation could make profits elsewhere and to counter balance the losses from the main city.
anjali
Level 4 user

Post by anjali »

David wrote:
anjali wrote:great idea thats for sure, might make the whole game harder, as its too damn easy at the moment.
Have you tried the new "King of Capitalism" goal without manipulating the stock market for quick profits? Did you find the goal still too easy to achieve?
havnt had a king of capitalism scenario yet, its not in scenario list. but if its just in relation to control the market it gonna be easy with the current A.I. performance. and i usually dont bother with stock market unless its neccessary for goals/subgoals thats how i stumbled across the stockmarket issue and only exploited it for testing and reporting. exploits are lame and kill fun therefore i dont use them in a proper game. the only thing that might need a bit tweaking still, is the real estate market, i love to build up a whole "downtown" and fit my shops in, but with the current system the mark-ups on the land surrounding your building sites is quite heavy. ofcourse its hard to change this as the rent achieved in the buildings is calculated of the landvalue and thus dropping the increase of value would drop the rent heavily but the way it is right now it does give ya endless loans that are paid of by inflation. only crisis/recession etc gonna give ya trouble and can collaps your real estate empire if you didnt count it in.
David

Post by David »

i love to build up a whole "downtown" and fit my shops in, but with the current system the mark-ups on the land surrounding your building sites is quite heavy.
Then the new City Economic Sim DLC should appeal to you.

The "King of Capitalism" are goals that you can see in the goal report if you start a custom game with the stock market enabled.
anjali
Level 4 user

Post by anjali »

ah yeah now i know what ya mean with king of capitalism, thats what i was playing when stumbling across the stock market bug. but its only 342% difficulty with A.I.'s on moderate agressivness (as they act slightly better then on total agressive) ;p not really hard ^^