New Feature Preview: City Reports

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

New Feature Preview: City Reports

Post by David »

Here is the latest new feature preview for this DLC.
http://www.capitalismlab.com/ultra-real ... ation.html

It is a long one and details the level of in-depth simulation that this DLC has to offer.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Re: New Feature Preview: City Reports

Post by WilliamMGary »

Did anyone ever crack the code on how to grow a city?
Can a game population grow to be larger than when the game started?

I remember a while back someone in the forms stated that the population between the same remained the same just moved to different cities. Another player also talked about how he got houses to develop my doing something to grow the population of a small city....is there like any guidelines on how to grow a city?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

when companies donate public facilities can they build them, transfer the firms to the city for free, and provide a grant say two years worth of operating costs?

I don't like the fact companies sustain continue losses for donations now that there are taxes and a city goverment I would like to see a way for the company to build them were they need it and just give a grant to cover operating expenses. in theory this should increase more res to the city which can offset the costs of the public facilties
Keither
Level 3 user

Post by Keither »

Please don't forget the important of taxation. City's tax rate should be the biggest factor for demands of commercial buildings, residential buildings, and immigration.
A city that has lower individual tax rate will in effect stimulate consumer spending and enjoy the increase of new immigrants.
I also think that there should be an option for mayor to STIMULATE the city economy during recession by increase unemployment benefits and lower taxes by x amount. The reward for the stimulus is that the economy will recover quicker than other cities.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

WilliamMGary wrote:when companies donate public facilities can they build them, transfer the firms to the city for free, and provide a grant say two years worth of operating costs?

I don't like the fact companies sustain continue losses for donations now that there are taxes and a city goverment I would like to see a way for the company to build them were they need it and just give a grant to cover operating expenses. in theory this should increase more res to the city which can offset the costs of the public facilties

personally you shouldn't just be able to build these facilities if there is no need for them, why would you build a hospital for instance if the current city hospital was providing sufficient health care for everyone ? I don't think a city would want people building all these unneeded public buildings knowing the city would have to pay for them after a 2 year period.

same with things like the sports stadiums you can build lots of them for a nominal fee, in my opinion they should cost far more but generate an income, that way there is a point to trying to balance the number of services to the needs of the city. 1 or 2 golf courses in the city and they are likely to make a good profit, build 10 and most of them will make you big losses. the same would be true of many of the facilities types such as universities, hospitals, schools many of which charge membership fees and the like.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

WilliamMGary wrote:Did anyone ever crack the code on how to grow a city?

I remember a while back someone in the forms stated that the population between the same remained the same just moved to different cities. Another player also talked about how he got houses to develop my doing something to grow the population of a small city....is there like any guidelines on how to grow a city?
The most I managed was to get London to about 10.5 million population, but it just pulled people away from other cities - I filled a 20 block wide strip the whole length of map with apartment blocks, shops and services and eventually they all got to a full enough level they were profit making so from what I can tell the population seems to move to wherever the biggest supply is.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

cantdownloadit wrote:
WilliamMGary wrote:Did anyone ever crack the code on how to grow a city?

The most I managed was to get London to about 10.5 million population, but it just pulled people away from other cities - I filled a 20 block wide strip the whole length of map with apartment blocks, shops and services and eventually they all got to a full enough level they were profit making so from what I can tell the population seems to move to wherever the biggest supply is.
hmmm...
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

like this.jpg
like this.jpg (481.34 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
(in the image Glasgow is higher than the others as it appears to have flatlined at having no residential shortage or demand, and doesn't change much from being a flatline)

Starting Population was 49,790,000

[CITIES]
City=London
Population=4990000
City=Birmingham
Population=4970000
City=Glasgow
Population=4990000
City=Manchester
Population=4980000
City=Newcastle
Population=4990000