Idea: Company Information

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Idea: Company Information

Post by WilliamMGary »

In an DLC titled Information Age as a long-time Capitalism player what I would personally REALLY appreciate more details and Analytics information in regards to my company and Executives which become Advisers in their respective areas (similar to Sim City).

What follows is a brain dump of my thoughts.

Detail/Analytics
-In game spreadsheet that can break down your revenue/profit per city maybe even by store level
-Charts that can visually show your company's reneue profit make up with the ability to filter by city, store type, product etc.
-Customized In-Game alerts when firms revenue/profit increases or decreases by a user define % (I can go to option and say notify me of -20% fall in firm revenue and/or profits)
-The spreadsheet should be like excel and allow you to set various filter to get to whatever abstract information about your company you desire.

Executives as Advisers
-CTO able to analyze options and recommend either new R&D projects via popup window
-CTO able to identify important products and recommend starting and/or changing the layout of the R&D firm for best results
-COO able to notify you of bottlenecks from their suppliers and offer solutions
-CMO able to notify you of important markets that she would recommend advertising in.
-CMO able to notify you of a media firm that's available for sale in a locked media market

Some of these may/may not make sense but the overall objective is to provide human players with more "Information" about their operations in an more abstract way and smarter/executives turning them into more of advisers that enhance the value they provide.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: Idea: Company Information

Post by Arcnor »

I agree with these. If not an in game spreadsheet, perhaps have the game export data into text at the end of specific periods set by the player, perhaps at the end of each month, quarter, etc.
If the player has trade secrets on then the competitions data should also be included.

From here this data can be put into excel and excels powers can be used on it to see trends in the game.

On another note, I would really like to know exactly how many units of a product I'm selling. We currently see sales and profit per product but nothing on unit sales. We also don't see anything at the firm level by unit. We current just have graphs that don't really provide a level of detail. This information can be helpful in determining how many factories I need or raw materials.

If I know that I want to see 800 computers at my retail firm then I know I need x number of CPUs, x number of steel, etc.
anjali
Level 4 user

Re: Idea: Company Information

Post by anjali »

totally agree should be some way to have more reports to financials, the game is processing this data, therefore shouldnt be too much work to incorporate reports for it.
even without trade secrets ... all limited companies must file their financials to gov body, therefore at least on public limiteds you have full access to finacial inside of any company. ingame we could maybe treat the "private" companies as unlisted public ltd and therefore the financials are public availible as well as in order for an IPO you have to be public Ltd anyway or PLC how its called in most countries.