Economic Graphs & Stock Price in Challenge Games

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
ipaet

Economic Graphs & Stock Price in Challenge Games

Post by ipaet »

Hey,

first of all: I'm from Germany and I love this game, but that shouldn't be the subject of this text.

I have played a Challenge Game (30 years), called "Breakthrough in training".
After this game, there are many questions.

At least I controlled each Industries (6) and each single product (81), but unfortunately this fact is not the main influencer for the total points, which are important for the ranking.

The Stock price is the main influencer for the points, BUT the stock price isn't only depending from the Revenue and profit (which was not bad with 28 Billion Revenue and 9 Billion Profit)

The stock price depends also from the city economic Graphs. And this is my question:

How can I influence each single City Economic Graph? Is it only luck, to be in Expansion Phase, when my Total Points are important?

In the years 2016 to 2020 my Stock price was swinging between 55.000 and 110.000. I was 100 % shareholder of my own business, so my personal wealth depends hard to the stock price. As you can imagine, a stock price of 55.000 means, that I would have totally 42.000 Points in the ranking. A Stock price of 110.000 means, that I would have 62.000 Points or more in the Ranking.

The only force, that was influencing this fact, was the inflation rate, which jumped vom -4% in 2015 to 14,83% in 2020. What can I do against it? Or was it my fault? Maybe, because I hadn't much investments in the years from 2015-2020? Or because I had no loans?

As a result of the rise of the inflation rate, my purchasing power was 27 % at least.

So, this is what I am complaining about: I have controlled each industry and each product from 2013 on and merged with all of my competitors. In fact, I was the only firm with a stock price higher than 30 Dollar at leat.

BUT my total points in the ranking are not really depending to this fact.
They are depending to things, which I can't influence: The interest rate, the inflation etc... and this is just luck so far i know. This game should not depending on luck.

In my opinion, this is the only problem of this game, especially for the challenge games.
But maybe I am totally wrong and you tell me how to do it right. I am looking forward.

Best regards
Patrick