Stock Market - Stock Returns overview issue

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
anjali
Level 4 user

Stock Market - Stock Returns overview issue

Post by anjali »

there are 4 things which comes to my attention regarding stock return overview nothing essential but handy if it could be sorted out:

1. once you sell off all shares of a company, it stays in the stock return with 0 shares, 0 avg cost, 0 market value but it shows you the overall profit/loss. would be nice if this is removed

2.just sold all but 0.10% of a company's stock and this stock return shows now avg cost ($95.07) negative purchase price! this is certainly a result of not deleting the profit/loss of stocks sold as 68.000 shares left in portfolio avg purchase ($95.07), market price $11.05, market value $751.600, gain/Loss $7.216.133
as i bought the shares for avg $8.00 the profit should be shown at 68.000 x 3.05 = roughly $207.400 to reflect the average $8.00 purchase price but as it keeps the life time profit it tells me i made 7.216.133 profit on just 68.000 shares at a current market value of $11.05 which plays out at a negative purchase price of ($95.07)

3. any shares aquired in a merger is taken into calculation at purchase price of $0.00

4. any share purchased in a tender offer is taken into this calculation at a purchase price of $0.00

any chance to get this fixed please?

btw its V3.2.03B
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: Stock Market - Stock Returns overview issue

Post by Arcnor »

On the 1st one, while after you made your later points I understood why this should be removed. However, it would be nice to see some where what sort of gain or loss was made by company you had stock in.
anjali
Level 4 user

Re: Stock Market - Stock Returns overview issue

Post by anjali »

Arcnor wrote:On the 1st one, while after you made your later points I understood why this should be removed. However, it would be nice to see some where what sort of gain or loss was made by company you had stock in.
this is not shown currently either, it just reflects profits you made in the past before you sold the stock (if you sold all) and shows the ongoing all time profit if you sell partly, but this dilutes the portfolio profit heavily. i.e. you made 5 billion $ in profits in stock trading over the past 30 years with all stocks you ever traded. but your current portfolio is heavily loosing you would still see a $4 billion profit even though your currently held stocks are down a billion $. also with every sale of stock with a profit the avergae purchase price of the stock is decreasing. i have stocks in my portfolio showing me purchase prices of +$3.00 down to ($95) negativ purchase price hence no way to see the real purchase price without personal spreadsheet. if someone plays heavily on the stock and wishes an overview of performance of stocks purchased/sold in the past, why not make a performance spreadsheets for any stock purchased / sold like irl.
as profits/losses realized is tax relevant at the point of sale of stocks and therefore to be cleared out of the life portfolio. which would be important ones city economics is realized and profits are taxable

all games i ve ever plaid with stock portfolio, only the actual portfolio was displayed in the game, cleared of all sold stocks
its probably just the way the profit/purchase price is calculated that outputs this off the scale numbers in cap lab.