Japanese translation

This forum is for those of you who are interested in localizing the game text in Capitalism Lab into your native language on your own
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: Japanese translation

Post by paulwoman »

paulwoman wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:36 am
I'd like to use it as a "base" to have an entirely French version.
To be more precise, when I hear as a base, it's by words that I can copy as is into the sheet to make sure I don't make a mistake when encoding.
torajiro wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:25 am
I don't have any problems with the part that is used as the base of the French version, but I'm not the only one who translated it all(I translated about 30% to 40% of the total).
We need a registry of contributors ^^
Perhaps you and me have different translation methods. First of all, I prioritize searching for untranslated parts in the game.
Otherwise, it may be an inappropriate translation for the game.I've confirmed that help and gm_help have untranslated parts, but if I don't know where they are used in the game, I postpone them. And not only mechanical translation, but a lot of free translation is also incorporated.
Interesting information.
I've cooperated with the banner image and other areas where I can cooperate, but you should first look for a teammate in France.
Thanks again for the advice and for the pictures. The problem is that at the moment, since Clark17 and I have relaunched the translation, no one has applied to help us :(
torajiro wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:25 am Since I've been translating little by little since last July, I think that if you continue little by little, you can do your ideal translation.
Thanks for the encouragement.

I'll explain how we do it.

We translate all the files that need translating in OmegaT. When a new version of the game is released, we only have to translate the parts that have been changed or added.

We play a few games to see which words need translating and put them in the https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 0&range=C2 sheet.

In order not to have to copy everything, I have transcribed the English parts of the Japanese translate.txt here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 0&range=A1.

For this reason, I would like all the teams present to collaborate in the development of this file.

This way, assuming that there are languages that are taken over, it will be easier for them to create a txt file, knowing that with OmegaT it is possible to redo a working project by comparing an already existing translation.
torajiro
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by torajiro »

翻訳を更新しました。

対応バージョン、リリース版6.4.17(ポストリリース版の6.5.05も可)

↓のURL先の「右上にあるダウンロードをクリック」した後に解凍したものをCapitalism Labのインストール先のフォルダにそのまま上書きしてください。
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UqLl2d ... sp=sharing

更新内容は
・シナリオ等のバナー画像の日本語訳
・デジタル産業DLCの知識労働者(IT企業の労働者)の人名の翻訳
・レンジブランド→開発クラスブランド
・その他

★シナリオ等のバナー画像について
シナリオタイトルは直訳だけでなく意訳のものもあります。一応、暫定的という感じで。
極力似た色合いとフォントを使ってますが、一部はデザインが違います。

★レンジブランド→製品クラスブランドについて
以前からレンジだけ、特に見た感じ分かりにくかったので、ブランドの意味のままに訳してみました。

★ロード画面について
【銀行・金融DLCのプレリリース版が購入可能です(翻訳状況は不明)】という表示が出ます。
この翻訳状況は不明となっているのは、私が新しいDLCを購入していないので確認出来ないためです。

---

Hello David

I have uploaded a new translation.
It has a large size because it contains a banner of images such as scenarios.
Please upload to the official website.

Thank you David!(2020/6/21)
Last edited by torajiro on Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Hi torajiro, thanks for the updated translation file. I've uploaded it to the CapLab web site.
torajiro
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by torajiro »

Translate2.png
Translate2.png (11.48 KiB) Viewed 1230 times
バージョン6.5.00以降、ゲームは2つの保存方法の翻訳ファイルをサポートしており、複数の翻訳ファイルを使用できるとの事なので日本語で説明を残しておきます。
https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... 263#p32263

---

古い方法:単一の翻訳ファイル
自由な翻訳を追加できるのはTranslate.TXTだけ。

新しい方法:複数の翻訳ファイル複数の翻訳ファイル
Translateフォルダーに「Trans_」という文字が付いたTranslate.TXTと同じ機能のテキストファイルを配置することで、テキストファイルごとに翻訳内容を管理ができる。

たとえば、次の
2つの翻訳ファイルを配置できます
Trans_Standard.txt–標準のゲームテキスト用の翻訳ファイル。
Trans_RealWorldMod.txt – RealWorld Mod内のテキストの翻訳ファイル。
※頭に「Trans_」さえあればその後は日本語でもOKです。Trans_製品.txtなど。

ゲームが開始すると、最初に新しいTrans_方式のファイルを探します。見つからない場合は、古い方法を使用してTranslate.txtをロードします。
つまりTrans_方式のファイルが有る場合はTranslate.txtはロードされない。

このシステムでは、翻訳者は古い方法と新しい方法の両方を使用してファイルを含む言語パックを準備できるため、ゲームの古いバージョンと新しいバージョンの両方をサポートできます。

ゲームバージョン6.5.00以降では、Trans_**.txtが読み込まれます。
6.5.00より古いゲームバージョンはTranslate.txtをロードします

----

これは個人的な考えですが、6.5.00より古いゲームを持つユーザーが翻訳を入れる事を想定すると、Trans_の全内容をTranslate.txtに含めて配布することが好ましいです。
そのため、今後6.5.00以降はTranslate.txtは直接翻訳をいじらない方が良いかもしれません。
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Hi torajiro, the diagram you prepared is useful. I've added it to official Capitalism Lab web site to aid other translators understand the loading process:
https://www.capitalismlab.com/resources ... game-text/
torajiro
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by torajiro »

Oh :o thanks David. is that loading process going to be useful?
I made it as a hobby, but I'm glad I uploaded it.
I used English instead of Japanese because it looks cool in design.
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

Top of the morning to you. I'm just checking in. I hope everything's all right, that it's on a private level that Caplab--

As far as I'm concerned, Belgium is considered a red zone by the United Kingdom. In the same way, we are obliged to limit ourselves to a contact bubble of 5 people until the end of the month, and we are obliged to do the shopping unaccompanied. Which is frustrating, given that there are sales.

As far as CapLab is concerned, I saw that David's last version was a little while ago. How's that going? I hope it's not too complicated.

I'm advertising it all over this forum, so I'm going to say:

I'm using OmegaT for translation.

One of the advantages of using OmegaT is the ability to work in a team. Several people can work at the same time. That's why I'm partnering with Brazilian Portuguese.

Then there's the significant advantage of machine translation. Also, thanks to the automatic detection of untranslated parts, I just have to put the new files in the program and I only have to translate the parts that have changed.

If you would like to get started, I can create the necessary tools for you to work with several people.

The only problem is that you have to translate from the beginning, but it's worth the effort.

As for the parts that are not in t_game, I use your software a lot and I thank you very much.

As for your translation, I propose you to use my online storage system. I've added the latest version on it. https://data.netfinity.fr/f/6c77f24a03fc4456b68d/?dl=1

You could add or remove the files like you want.

Hoping to hear from you - good - news.

Olivier
torajiro
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by torajiro »

Are you Belgian? I thought you were French.
Belgium was the prime minister of women, so I personally paid attention to it :!: .
Female prime ministers seem to be active all over the world.
But Belgium is surrounded by Germany and France, so it's a difficult situation.

It's getting worse in my area, though not as much as in Europe. Although less fatal than April.

omegaT...
Certainly the translation using it is quick.
But maybe it feels like it's not for gaming.
This is because the characters will stick out like this image.
(By the way, not all Japanese is machine translated.)
omegat-fr-jp.png
omegat-fr-jp.png (133.65 KiB) Viewed 1025 times
Then it will be necessary to translate again.
The reason is probably because the game layout is translated without confirmation.
The most problematic part of this is that there are parts that I do not notice.
I think Japanese game users consider the popping out of characters to be a bug.
And my biggest concern is that it causes fewer buyers.
I don't want that. Because I want more Japanese to play this game.

In fact, after I updated my Japanese translation, I confirmed that a few people bought the CAPITALISM LAB.
I think they can tolerate untranslated parts to some extent, but they do not tolerate translations that have broken layouts.

Certainly, Portuguese has not been translated yet, so the benefits of omegaT will be great.
However, isn't French also a phase of translation that takes layout into consideration?

So omegaT is a good tool to recommend to countries with poor translation.
Perhaps your help will be great for those countries.
And I think that people in that country will soon notice layout problems.

If this is not a game, but a Japanese translation of the book, I think I also used omegaT.
Please understand what I am writing after understanding the advantages of omegaT.
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

hank you for this information and for pointing out parts that need to be shortened. That's the problem with this system, you have to "search" to be able to access this kind of data...

Since the problem here in itself is not the automatic translation or not; the terms are correct. It's the tables that are too small...

The fact that several people can work on the translation, particularly with OmegaT, makes it easier to coordinate and, if necessary, change a translation.

For the moment, after having had help for the first two months, I am now the only one working on the French translation...

Hence the "usefulness" of having a feedback like you did with your screenshot.

Thanks for your help :)

David, another solution is possible is is to make the painting bigger ^^

In the meantime, I'll make some changes hoping that the parts that are too large are in t_game, in which case I would appreciate it if they are added.

Thanks again
ALICE
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by ALICE »

保険周りを中心に少しだけ翻訳しました。
中途半端な状態でも、欲しいという方はどうぞ。
Attachments
Translate.zip
(239.51 KiB) Downloaded 65 times