Market Dominance / Internal Sales (noob question)

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
bdubbs
Level 3 user

Market Dominance / Internal Sales (noob question)

Post by bdubbs »

Hey everyone so I got cap lab a couple weeks ago and I haven't beaten any of the missions yet but I've put enough hours into it that I have the basics down, but some of the more subtle features are still throwing me off. For starters if my mission goal is the food and snacks scenario where you need to gain market dominance in food snacks and beverages, what defines market dominance? Do I need to have a dominant presence in every city?

Another rather annoying situation I keep finding myself in is with the internal sales only button. Even when I activate it my farms continue to sell to rival retailers and its been frustrating because my retailers always end up with low profits on livestock products because of how often they are out of stock. If I'm quick I've found that if I hit the internal sale button before I take on retailers it doesn't take on competitive retailers, but that's really a pain. Is there something I'm missing? Is there some way I can cut rival retailers off my supply line once they have started buying from my farms?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Market Dominance / Internal Sales (noob question)

Post by David »

If you want to disable Internal Sale by default, you can open the Option menu (hotkey: 'O') and set Default Internal Sale to Disabled.
smith121362
Level 2 user

Post by smith121362 »

David, he wants to disable external sales by default.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Then the right solution should be:

If you want to enable Internal Sale by default, you can open the Option menu (hotkey: 'O') and set Default Internal Sale to Enabled.

I have created a FAQ page about this, please view it at:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/set-the-de ... tatus.html