Closed Beta Patch version 4.2.04 is now available

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Closed Beta Patch version 4.2.04 is now available

Post by David »

And is it correct that in 4.2.04 AI mayors no longer build more civic buildings on their own?
AI mayors who do not belong to your political party will still build civic buildings on their own. There hasn't been any changes to them.
They seems to flicker the city budget for civic buildings a lot more often. And causing a lot of emigration issues here and there for AI running cities.
Do you have a save game that exhibits this problem that you can send me?
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

David wrote:
And is it correct that in 4.2.04 AI mayors no longer build more civic buildings on their own?
AI mayors who do not belong to your political party will still build civic buildings on their own. There hasn't been any changes to them.
OK, that sounds fine, but my party's mayor won't build new civic buildings automatically on their own, right?

Even if they do, as long as the relocation function can be fixed, that won't be a problem. Right now, relocation sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.
Like in ELEA_005 it works
In ELEA_006 it doesn't work
David wrote:
They seems to flicker the city budget for civic buildings a lot more often. And causing a lot of emigration issues here and there for AI running cities.
Do you have a save game that exhibits this problem that you can send me?
Like in ELEA_006.sav, a lot of mayors don't pay any unemployment benefits at all causing emigration, some don't pay security, etc. But it seems to be related to poor starting management, thus lack of cash (but sometimes they do have money, just refuse to pay), those city have more emigration issues tend to be those issuing bonds, losing more money to interest, and seems not able to climb out of debt.
Attachments
ELEA_006.zip
(5.81 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
ELEA_005.zip
(4.67 MiB) Downloaded 73 times
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

The relocation bug has been fixed and the fix will be available in the patch v4.2.05.
Like in ELEA_006.sav, a lot of mayors don't pay any unemployment benefits at all causing emigration, some don't pay security, etc. But it seems to be related to poor starting management, thus lack of cash (but sometimes they do have money, just refuse to pay), those city have more emigration issues tend to be those issuing bonds, losing more money to interest, and seems not able to climb out of debt.
Our programmers are working on improving the mayor AI.

For gameplay reasons, but it is also our intention to let a AI mayor just do a mediocre job so that the human player will have a chance to win the election. Otherwise it will be hard to beat the AI mayor in election if the approval rating stays high and this won't be fun from the perspective of the player.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

David wrote:
Our programmers are working on improving the mayor AI.

For gameplay reasons, but it is also our intention to let a AI mayor just do a mediocre job so that the human player will have a chance to win the election. Otherwise it will be hard to beat the AI mayor in election if the approval rating stays high and this won't be fun from the perspective of the player.
That sounds reasonable :)

Need to have "bad AI". AIs play to lose, so players can win, that's normally the opposite players would expect.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

still cant get more than 30 ai persons.. in 10 company game.

game needs more than 87 anyway

49 For Companies
3 to be CEO, CFO, CRO
10 For Mayors (per political party) - so in the screenshot eleaza posted with 4 parties, there needs to be at 40 potential mayors.. as each party should have a chance to be elected in all cities.

That makes 92

And you may not want to hire the low cost ones with zero skills, so that means you need some more to cover that.

That's something like 100 - without getting any option of choices on best person for the job.

Only other option would be to allow AI company directors to be Mayors as well...
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

cantdownloadit wrote:still cant get more than 30 ai persons.. in 10 company game.

game needs more than 87 anyway

49 For Companies
3 to be CEO, CFO, CRO
10 For Mayors (per political party) - so in the screenshot eleaza posted with 4 parties, there needs to be at 40 potential mayors.. as each party should have a chance to be elected in all cities.

That makes 92

And you may not want to hire the low cost ones with zero skills, so that means you need some more to cover that.

That's something like 100 - without getting any option of choices on best person for the job.

Only other option would be to allow AI company directors to be Mayors as well...
What is your script? I didn't use any script and I can get 87 people. Is it always reduce to 30 persons, regardless of the script? Can you change some game setting, and see if it helps? Try a higher difficulty over all options maybe?

If non-player parties stay at 4 max members, than we can reduce at least 18 persons and back in the limit, AI parties don't need to be fair as player's I think, as long as each city has at least two competitors against each other in election.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

another bug, after founding city, if you view map in land value mode

then click a building to build, as you drag the building around the map it draws lines on the mini map. (it stays after you build the building)
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

cantdownloadit wrote:another bug, after founding city, if you view map in land value mode

then click a building to build, as you drag the building around the map it draws lines on the mini map. (it stays after you build the building)
I already show this in my earlier post (I sign my screen name on the mini map), it's actually quite a useful "tool" though, like finding CBD.
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =16&t=3758
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

I got another question though, what does the "Politics" attribute in person's Expertise actually do? Is higher Politics make election easier, by increasing the rating faster? Or does it affect the management ability of the city? like higher civic building quality or leveling up faster?
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

the first and second landmarks to unlock were both the statue of liberty ? is this right, should I have 2 statues of liberty ?

3rd landmark was a statue of liberty as well...
Last edited by cantdownloadit on Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.