Bug: building costs in government mode

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
damaligirl

Bug: building costs in government mode

Post by damaligirl »

I've noticed that new civic buildings cost almost twice as much as indicated after some time has passed. On day 1 of a new city, I can build civic buildings for the exact cost that's indicated in the building menu. But as the city grows, a new building will cost nearly double what it should. This makes it especially difficult when starting a second new city, because the cash reserves are depleted twice as fast and I run out of money before setting up enough city services to attract new residents.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Re: Bug: building costs in government mode

Post by eleaza »

damaligirl wrote:I've noticed that new civic buildings cost almost twice as much as indicated after some time has passed. On day 1 of a new city, I can build civic buildings for the exact cost that's indicated in the building menu. But as the city grows, a new building will cost nearly double what it should. This makes it especially difficult when starting a second new city, because the cash reserves are depleted twice as fast and I run out of money before setting up enough city services to attract new residents.
Building cost is related to wage rate. And also CPI (consumer price index) if you turn on inflation. Like for default 30 wage rate a building cost 3,000,000, at 40 wage rate will cost 4,000,000. If CPI is 100, it's times 1.00, if CPI is 200, it's times 2.00, and so on.
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
damaligirl

Post by damaligirl »

My CPI is 109, with a wage rate of 40.77 That in no way accounts for building costs doubling within the first year.
damaligirl

Post by damaligirl »

Also, the build menu reflects rising building costs over time. And what I'm saying is that a new building will cost twice as much as it shows in the menu. E.g., I just built a new grade school. The menu lists the setup cost as $4,348,463, but when I built it, the city's cash was depleted by over $8M. And I paused the game to ensure that no other transactions were happening at the same time.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

damaligirl wrote:Also, the build menu reflects rising building costs over time. And what I'm saying is that a new building will cost twice as much as it shows in the menu. E.g., I just built a new grade school. The menu lists the setup cost as $4,348,463, but when I built it, the city's cash was depleted by over $8M. And I paused the game to ensure that no other transactions were happening at the same time.
I can confirm that, in a normal CES DLC game without survival mode, the build cost is really twice as it showed in the building menu.

I never notice this before, when I required a second set of the same civic building, the financial issue is mostly solved by then. Perhaps the default setting of PEI (public expenses index) without survival mode is 200, where everything is twice as expensive. (at survival mode, 200 PEI does account for twice the cost later on, even though the starting price at the start is as default)
damaligirl

Post by damaligirl »

I am playing in survival mode. I didn't realize that the default PEI was set to 200 in survival mode, or that it applied to building costs. I thought that was only for ongoing expenses.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

damaligirl wrote:I am playing in survival mode. I didn't realize that the default PEI was set to 200 in survival mode, or that it applied to building costs. I thought that was only for ongoing expenses.
At maximum difficulty 580% in survival mode, the PEI is 200. But even without survival mode, the build cost is still twice, that's what I'm suspecting causing the twice building cost in normal CES DLC game.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

I was curious to see whether a lower PEI really does make build cost lower, not just running cost. And I was wrong to assume it is previously. Right now, regardless of the PEI setting, the building cost is always twice after the first set of building is built. Like building a police station should cost 6,074,250 at 40.50 wage rate, but the city's fund drop from 446,256,667 to 434,108,166, cost 12,148,501, exactly twice the amount.

BTW in 4.2.07B, the old bug of every unit in every firm just has 1 worker is back. (actually for large firms, each unit has 2 works)
Attachments
ELEA_019.zip
(1.42 MiB) Downloaded 78 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

The old bug of every unit in every firm just has 1 worker is back. (actually for large firms, each unit has 2
This bug will be fixed in the next patch v4.2.08.