Tutorials - Advertising

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Tutorials - Advertising

Post by jondonnis »

Are there issues with the tutorials. Decided, after all these years to look at them. The advertising one, where you have to dominate in Apparel I'm confused about. I've completed the Annual profit but the other target is become dominate in Apparel. Well we can all only make 3 Apparel products. I'm 1st in all of them yet the target isn't being completed. What am I missing or is it bugged?
eleaza
Level 8 user

Re: Tutorials - Advertising

Post by eleaza »

jondonnis wrote:Are there issues with the tutorials. Decided, after all these years to look at them. The advertising one, where you have to dominate in Apparel I'm confused about. I've completed the Annual profit but the other target is become dominate in Apparel. Well we can all only make 3 Apparel products. I'm 1st in all of them yet the target isn't being completed. What am I missing or is it bugged?
Which version is it? and which of the 4 Apparel products can you not produce?
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Post by jondonnis »

eleaza wrote:
jondonnis wrote:Are there issues with the tutorials. Decided, after all these years to look at them. The advertising one, where you have to dominate in Apparel I'm confused about. I've completed the Annual profit but the other target is become dominate in Apparel. Well we can all only make 3 Apparel products. I'm 1st in all of them yet the target isn't being completed. What am I missing or is it bugged?
Which version is it? and which of the 4 Apparel products can you not produce?

Blazer. The AI can because I assume they are producing the Linen themselves and not selling to anyone else. And because it's the tutorial you can't produce linen yourself.
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Post by jondonnis »

Here is the save if someone could have a look please

https://we.tl/pKQ4QmDxrV
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

Just use AI produced Linen, you don't have to rely on seaport raw materials.

Or just buy Blazers from the seaport and use "Private Labelling" unit to brand them and out-purchase, out-sales the
competitors (with better brand rating preferable to gain higher overall rating, or simply selling as cheap as possible)

And I attach a save file that already win this tutorial from your save.
Attachments
STEV_009.zip
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 81 times
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Post by jondonnis »

Cool thanks. I wasn't sure if relabelling worked in the way I was thinking. I thought it would still cause the AI's share to go up because I'm buying from them despite relabelling? I assume I was thinking wrong.

I also hadn't notice the AI was now selling linen, they weren't before.

I assume the more stores I have selling my items successfully, would mean you get a higher market share?
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Post by jondonnis »

Just had another look at your save. I now see you were buying in blazers and selling in two slots. Don't know why I've never thought of that before. I also now see you do need to be 1st in all four Apparels. Maybe that should be made more clear in the tutorial and that you might have to wait a few years before you can make or sell some of them.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

jondonnis wrote:Cool thanks. I wasn't sure if relabelling worked in the way I was thinking. I thought it would still cause the AI's share to go up because I'm buying from them despite relabelling? I assume I was thinking wrong.

I also hadn't notice the AI was now selling linen, they weren't before.

I assume the more stores I have selling my items successfully, would mean you get a higher market share?
As far as I know, retail sales and wholesales are completely separated. Only retail counts toward dominance.

AI will sell its excessive semi-products to the open market when they're overproduced (especially after factories levelling up)

Number of stores have very little to due with market share dominance. Overall rating of the product, retail stores traffic index, and the individual components related to concerns of price, quality, and brand matter (retail unit level also matters, since it's related to sales throughput, hence AI with high retail expertise has advantage early on)

I believe this mission start you with all the necessary semi-products for all 4 Apparel products. If you don't waste too much time, and start producing early on without competitors, this is a very easy tutorial to pass.
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Post by jondonnis »

Ah yes, see what you mean now. Started again to test and completed the dominance with one store in a few months. The last game however, linen wasn't available even at the beginning. When checking the manufacturer's guide, there was the x or whatever symbol it was next to linen showing it wasn't available anywhere.