[MOD] Modern World - Complex manufacturing mod

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
klompen

Re: [MOD] Modern World - Complex manufacturing mod

Post by klompen »

Hi!
I've tried to start a new game with the Modern World MOD.
Get an error message, too many tech entries. It sais I can fix it with add more names to the talent_names.txt file.
I've tried to add 100K names, + added the "add more talents to game" option in DLC digital age to 500.

Doesn't work, same message. What am I missing here?

I've checked, I have the newest version of both game and MOD, read all the forum posts about it. Seems like people are successfully adding names to the file and game is working.
I used this generator, adding 20K names at the time: https://www.randomlists.com/random-names?qty=20000
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

The issue has been fixed. Please download the latest patch.
klompen

Post by klompen »

Hi!
It don't work with me,
Downloaded MODWORLDv104 today.
Also tried the 5.7.08 beta version.

I'll just stick with the other mods :) Thanks anyway
David

Post by David »

I just tested Modern World v1.04 with Capitalism Lab v5.6.26 and v5.7.09 respectively and it ran successfully in both versions.

Did anyone else experience the same problem?
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

klompen wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:33 am Hi!
I've tried to start a new game with the Modern World MOD.
Get an error message, too many tech entries. It sais I can fix it with add more names to the talent_names.txt file.
I've tried to add 100K names, + added the "add more talents to game" option in DLC digital age to 500.

Doesn't work, same message. What am I missing here?

I've checked, I have the newest version of both game and MOD, read all the forum posts about it. Seems like people are successfully adding names to the file and game is working.
I used this generator, adding 20K names at the time: https://www.randomlists.com/random-names?qty=20000
I never had this problem with any of the versions, past or present - could there be some settings that are causing conflicts here ? A script maybe ?
For the record, I believe I have LESS tech entries than some of the other mods (eg Real World), so I'd venture that whatever is screwing up your game is not from my mod per se - likely your other mods will exhibit strange behaviour as well at some point (maybe after 50 hours of play....).
As your attempts at name additions clearly show its not actually a real issue with the number of talent_names, so the error message itself seems to be wrong as well. Hopefully David can track down what the issue is as there is nothing I can do that will change anything - in fact, my changes are very limited overall and barring stupid typos in product names and wrong prices, etc, my influence overall is fairly limited. I certainly haven't written any code or removed names or added techs or anything, just reams and reams of good old vanilla product changes and product additions.

What is consistently an issue however is version control - sometimes if the game version isn't aligned with the MOD version it can be screwy, but even that is usually only when significant changes have been made. Either way, as you said you have the latest versions of both we can effectively rule that out. Lets see if anyone else has this issue and can help narrow it down.
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

Ok I've done some trial and error and its the CES which causes the issue - switching that DLC off for now will solve it, but maybe David can investigate what the conflict is so it can be used in future ?
David

Post by David »

saffgee wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:25 pm Ok I've done some trial and error and its the CES which causes the issue - switching that DLC off for now will solve it, but maybe David can investigate what the conflict is so it can be used in future ?
The issue has been fixed. Please download the latest patch v5.6.28 from viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5471
tycoonheaven

Post by tycoonheaven »

:mrgreen:
tycoonheaven

Post by tycoonheaven »

please redo the startup Capital because the supply chain requires billions. ai to poor to succeed. 1.04
de1irium
Level 2 user

Post by de1irium »

please redo the startup Capital because the supply chain requires billions. ai to poor to succeed. 1.04
You can change the competitors start-up capital in the game settings if you like.

I want to say a big big thank you for this great great mod ; this is a must-have once you think you've mastered the supply chain.