[MOD] Capitalism World 3.5

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
JoeyAlexander

Re: [MOD] Capitalism World 3.5

Post by JoeyAlexander »

Hi !
I have discovered an issue with developing new products.
First of all I have capitalism version 4.4.31 with no DLC.
I've just discovered that for having mobile phone I must research 3G phone services for which I need to research Netwrok time, for which I need guidance system which I cannot researh because it's needing "Nil"? I attached a print screen.
I think there are too many products to develope for a single product.

Also for developing car technology I need the same "Nil"...
How could I get over this "Nil" issue?
And mawbe some products research should be simplified. If I want to produce phone is a bit to much of a loss to develope so many other products. It would take decades to have a simple phone....

I also see that for some products the time needed to develope is huge ! For oven and refrigerator and not only... 30 years to develope an oven is way to much. Consider that you start the game in 1990 and you neeed 30 years to discover a simple oven which is used from 1940 or even earlier? Not to say that a dsktop computer need 20 years to develope. An oven it's clearly more complex according to this MOD...

Thank you

Print screens at links

https://ibb.co/dH0yQS
https://ibb.co/dBuEzn
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

I'll look into the issue with the network timing. There have been multiple varaitions of the mod, so sometimes a fix one place will cause a problem else where. I'll post an update once I've resolved the issue.

I'm not sure why its saying 30 years to research an over. Are you using just a single R&D?
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to make a profit?

Are you selling multiple products at the Investment bank or Airport?

The Investment Bank and Airport come with very high overhead costs. They have huge capacity and can sell thousands of products, but the trade off is high overhead costs. It was designed that way. Also the type of products the Investment Bank can sell are typically ones with high margins, so to offset this the retail outlet comes with higher costs.
JoeyAlexander

Post by JoeyAlexander »

Arcnor wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:17 am I'll look into the issue with the network timing. There have been multiple varaitions of the mod, so sometimes a fix one place will cause a problem else where. I'll post an update once I've resolved the issue.

I'm not sure why its saying 30 years to research an over. Are you using just a single R&D?
I have 3 R&D buildings but I research the oven only in one buildin as I don't own the technology.
And for some products as phones the research chain is too long I think. Even in real life a phone manufacturer didn't invented all those thinks...
Anyway, I hope some issues to be fixed.
Thanks
azxcvbnm321
Level 3 user

Post by azxcvbnm321 »

With 9 units of R&D at level 3, it only takes me 5 years max to research any product so far. Most products are 1.5 years or so. You have to build a lot of research units, but that's pretty common in any capitalism game, tech is where it is at. I feel that the AI is still selling tech at too low of a price though.
pecx

Post by pecx »

Hey there!

Is there an overview of the content of this mod?

And: is it compatible to RW.mod?
jbvisual
Level 4 user

Post by jbvisual »

pecx wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:55 am Hey there!

Is there an overview of the content of this mod?

And: is it compatible to RW.mod?
Mods are never compactible with another mod (mods can only merged with another mod)
masonmiller

Post by masonmiller »

on the off risk that its all of the identical to you, why no longer delete or growing 'Wine' in Alchoholic Beverage. the inspiration using why I assume it, there are beginning at now White Wine and red Wine in Alchoholic Beverage. If, I think you include new issue.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

I hope to release a new version of the Mod soon.

Unfortunately, I've had a lot of real world things come up that have kept me from debugging the game currently.
GotBuds
Level 2 user

Post by GotBuds »

Hey Arcnor,

Any update on the new version of your mod for Digital Age Compatibility? Know you had some real life, so just seeing if you have a idea in mind..no rush. Love your mod, use it every chance I get and feel wanting each time I play with Digital Age and can't activate Capitalism World :)