Banking and Financial DLC design draft

Banking and Finance DLC for Capitalism Lab
beamthegreat
Level 3 user

Re: Banking and Financial DLC design draft

Post by beamthegreat »

koivis wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:52 pm This looks good but i think it would be good to be able to take a loan against property/stocks.
This already exist in the game.
koivis wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:52 pm If your company runs out of money the bank would repossess property or stocks and sell them at the open market to the highest bidder.
This also exists in the game. You'll get a screen that gives you some options to repay your loan (sell stock, issue shares, sell land, etc).
Rython

Post by Rython »

Thanks for this idea, I am quite excited to see the outcome of this DLC !

I have few questions / ideas about opportunities in this Banking DLC :

Additional costs for listed companies : It something that has always puzzled me, if a company is listed or private it has the same cost, yet, the requirements to be listed is creating additional financial reporting and sometimes audit requirements are generating additional costs for a company that need a financial department to comply with the securities regulations. Furthermore the information available to the market is the same for a listed and a non-listed company, this is not the reflect of the reality where if you don’t own share of a private competitor you may not have secret information and detail of the P&L or product margin achieved while you always can get the public financial report of a listed company.

Investment bank: It would be based on the expertise level of the bankers, ie security research, debt research, M&A (so a budget to develop the level of the employees – something similar to media) you would be able to sell specific market report (forecast and impact of local trends – could be worthwhile if you own a retail bank or activities linked to the GDP evolution), advise for particular deal (see below), stock broker (to get continue revenue), financial instruments creation and trading, stock trading, etc

Option : Ability to purchase or sell a contract on a stock of a listed company in the future (that would be incredible for the start of the game -> where all stocks are worth 10$ and depending on the first choice of the AI you may speculate on the value of the stock)

Participate to the funding of a private company: instead to purchase the company, you would be able to buy from 15 to 30% of the companies. You would need to be advised by an investment banking to estimate and then execute the deal at the best price

Opportunity to purchase stock by block: in order to buy for example 20% of a company with a lower premium by share instead of buying 4 times 5% - you would need to be advice by an investment bank that would take a part of this margin

Digital disruption in retail banking: would it be possible to have a digital bank selling directly to customer without a distribution channel

Secondary stock market for local suppliers: you may want to list companies which would correspond to the local suppliers (seaport suppliers), players would buy stocks (for example a maximum of 49% of the stock) and they would be able to influence the strategy of the supplier (increase capacity, decrease capacity, increase quality or decrease). It would increase the complexity as you would influence indirectly the competitors by playing on their supply of either raw materials or products… The suppliers could be gathered for a product range or main category (food, clothes, etc) in order to avoid to have too many companies by cities. By the way we could assume that some of this suppliers are public and thus by buying shares it could contribute to local cities budget.

Hope it is clear, don’t hesitate to ask if you want me to further explain some of the ideas
Aardwolf

Post by Aardwolf »

I'm curious, how close is the design draft in the original post to the final design? Any new or different features added to this super interesting sounding DLC?