Food and Beverage MOD contest

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
Brain
Level 3 user

Re: Food and Beverage MOD contest

Post by Brain »

I have a question on crops - what is the output unit of a crop growing unit, tons, kilo? Like when designing something containing coconut, where the output is a 500g can, I need to know it for proper ratios.
Brain
Level 3 user

[solved] Food and Beverage MOD contest

Post by Brain »

Found them, in the Product types tables, PSEMI category, 'lbs'.
Brain
Level 3 user

Post by Brain »

@David, what is the difference between the product categories PLANT and PSEMI?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Brain wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:18 pm @David, what is the difference between the product categories PLANT and PSEMI?
PLANT is only planted in a farm and cannot be sold outside a farm. e.g. Rubber Plant.

PSEMI is a farm product that can be sold to a factory or a retail store. e.g Rubber.
Brain
Level 3 user

Post by Brain »

not sure if I understand that correctly. So far I can not sell any Plant Semi products in retail, just from and to factories and warehouses. And I am quite sure that rule is valid for Plants grown in farms
David

Post by David »

Brain wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:07 pm not sure if I understand that correctly. So far I can not sell any Plant Semi products in retail, just from and to factories and warehouses. And I am quite sure that rule is valid for Plants grown in farms
That's true in the Capitalism Lab base game. But in the Real World MOD, I was able to sell fruits in retail stores. Not sure the exact way that Real World MOD does it, so I thought PSEMI may be set to be sold in retail stores, but I may be wrong. You may download the source file of RealWorld MOD if you are interested in finding out how it does it.
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

You have to create a new product class (eg. Fruits) and then assign the products to that group in Product types. Alternatively you can just assign them to existing groups, but I can't think of any that would be suitable for fruit and veg (maybe FOOD ?). The other way is to add PSEMI to your retail stores, but I wouldn't recommend this as you don't really want to sell things like cotton and Rubber in retail.
Brain
Level 3 user

Post by Brain »

I think i will go for a Fruits&Veggies (FRTVEGG) group for certain crops to be sold at Supermarkets and similar, and I might also go for one FLOWERS category for available at stores related to gardening or at a Florist - but not sure if I find time to get stores for them into this mod in the first shot... Roses can be used in a factory for making Rose Water (PSEMI), and Sunflowers can be used to gain Sunflower Seeds (PSEMI) for recipes in this mod. I am pondering with to introduce two more categories, Spices&Flavors (FLAVORS) and Nuts&Seeds (SEEDS) for those that are sold to end users in Health Food store.
David

Post by David »

The product mix sounds interesting!