Tips for Digital Age?

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
Purifier
Level 4 user

Re: Tips for Digital Age?

Post by Purifier »

Hi David,

After buying all 3 DLC's i started playing the game again yesterday but got very frustrated after having restarted 3 times and still not being able to do proper research. It seems the issue Woody mentioned of slow research has not been solved yet. Please take a look at the screenshots below. I noticed in all my R&D centers the units not showing the skill lvls of the Talents (like it does in you screenshots). Does happens with both Vanilla game mode aswell as a scripted game and with mod (Real world mod). If you want i can send the savegame to you guys, im using the 11.29 version of the Realworld mod (with a bit of customazation of the included script).

So yea are we both (since nobody else seem to mention it) doing something wrong ? Hope you can help soon i'm realy enjoying the Sub and Digital DLC but this is a funbraking issue.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (52.52 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (40.88 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Did you select on the center unit on the 3x3 layout for setting up the research project?
Purifier
Level 4 user

Post by Purifier »

yes i did :)
David

Post by David »

Could you please provide your save game file?
Purifier
Level 4 user

Post by Purifier »

Hi David,

I just sent an email with the savegame (also included an unmodded save) as Zip (packed with 7z)

I also noticed the skills level not being displayed as i mentioned is due the Simplyfied Talent setting.
When using the full talent setting the skill levels are being displayed in the units, but still tech gain is slow (89 points over 10 years with 9 units linked), while the AI gets 70+points within just a couple years (which you can see at tech aquisition in the modded savegame)
Purifier
Level 4 user

Post by Purifier »

David i think i figured out whats going on in my game. I started testing with switching between DLC's being on and off. And only when the City DLC is off i get normal tech gain through research.

After thoroughly reading through the DLC's info pages on the main Cap page i think the low tech gain has to do with the city’s competitiveness rating. In the "Ultra-realistic City Economic Simulation" section it is mentioned that cities are reduced to bout 1/10th the pop of normal gameplay.
Maybe because i use cities which are 5M in the script (reduced to 1M actual) the Comp rating is to low to get any "normal" tech gain.

I dont know if that feature realy is the cause but maybe this gives you guys a lead to look into.
David

Post by David »

We have tuned the R&D effects. In the new version 5.4.13, you will see increased R&D performances like the ones shown in the attached screenshot.
Attachments
RD.jpg
RD.jpg (369.72 KiB) Viewed 1117 times
Purifier
Level 4 user

Post by Purifier »

Hi David,

Thank you for adressing this, you guys are awesome :)
Darkonphoto
Level 2 user

Post by Darkonphoto »

Hi,

First of all congrats for the mod I love it!

I experienced only 2 OS can be developed? I would re-balance it and unlock this restriction as if you are the one of the OS developer you can get a huge financial advantage over your competitor.
Furthermore I would add Smart phone OS as well or IOT OS for HUD glasses etc. IOT/smart product class could be added.
Communication technology is useless as nothing connecting to it.

thanks!
David

Post by David »

I experienced only 2 OS can be developed?
You could set up subsidiary companies to develop more OS.