Tips for Digital Age?

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
Vinces

Tips for Digital Age?

Post by Vinces »

Hi everybody!

I've been playing the Capitalism series for many years, and enjoying it tremendously. It is one of my favorite game series ever.
Capitalism Lab with the first two dlc's is an excellent game, and I can handle that without many problems. Digital Age sounded great, and I was ver much looking forward to playing it.
But, now that Digital Age is released, it seems I am completely and utterly lost. Research seems to have become impossibly slow (it takes me 10 years to gain 5, while the AI is at +30 after a few years), and so after some years, the AI destroy me with their superior and I don't seem to stand a chance at all. I know about the talent system, I think I've read about everything I could find, but I have no idea why I am getting outclassed so severely.
So my question is, are there any hints and tips about the new gameplay systems in Digital Age? There don't seem to be any let's play series about it, and I have found nothing written about how to play this latest release. I realise that Capitalism is about discovering the game yourself, I've done it with Capitalism+, 2, Lab and with the former 2 dlc's, but this time it feels far more incomprehensible to me.
Maybe it is just me. But any help/hints/tips/knowledge about what has changed, would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
woody
Level 2 user

Re: Tips for Digital Age?

Post by woody »

I‘ve similar problems.

I don‘t play this dlc anymore, because of the talent system. Usually I‘m playing a mod with more than 600 products and its not possible to research all those products and techs. The talent system is not working for such modes. It would be nice if it is possible to switch on/off the new talent system.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Vinces wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:51 pm
Research seems to have become impossibly slow (it takes me 10 years to gain 5, while the AI is at +30 after a few years)
You may link several tech programming units together to boost the research result. In the attached screenshot, I set up a team of 4 tech programming units and the projected tech improvement is 198 points over a 10-year period. And make sure that you have hired talents for each of the tech programming units.
Attachments
softwareRD2.jpg
softwareRD2.jpg (422.8 KiB) Viewed 3917 times
softwareRD.jpg
softwareRD.jpg (445.64 KiB) Viewed 3917 times
David

Post by David »

woody wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:46 pm The talent system is not working for such modes. It would be nice if it is possible to switch on/off the new talent system.
You may set the "Talent System" setting to Greatly Simplified, as detailed on this page:
https://www.capitalismlab.com/digital-a ... -settings/

Talent System
If this is set to Simplified, all talents start with a skill level of 50. If this is set to Greatly Simplified, loyalty and headhunting features of the talent system are disabled too.

The gameplay implications of the talent system are greatly reduced when you have set it this way, as you will not have to worry about employee loyalty and headhunting threats.

As for the number of talents available, you may use the following setting to increase it.

More Talents
If you are using a MOD with a large number of product classes and there is a under-supply of talents in the game, then you may use this option to have the game duplicate talent data to increase the supply.

If you still find it not sufficient, you could use a script to increase the number of talents even more. By using a script, the maximum number of talents can be set to 500% of the original amount.

Please see https://www.capitalismlab.com/scripts/script-dlcs/

The script line for this is "More Talents = <0-500>"
woody
Level 2 user

Post by woody »

I've tried it.

But the max I get is 9 talents per city and product class, except semi products 27 talents. With 15 cities you get 135 talents for every class and 405 for semi products.

But when I'm using the latest Real World mod, Food has I think 61 products… usually I would need 9 talents per products to research, thats 549 talents!

So if I didn't make an error, it works for product classes with max 15 products and you need to play with 15 cities..

A suggestion would be, that you get more talents every year, when your universities focuses on a specific product class.
David

Post by David »

But the max I get is 9 talents per city and product class, except semi products 27 talents. With 15 cities you get 135 talents for every class and 405 for semi products.
You will see 9 talents at a time, but when you have hired one from the list, the list will get replenished.
Vinces

Post by Vinces »

Thanks for the tips David!
That way it seems an awesome system! +198 in 10 years, that looks absolutely worth it.
I will most certainly try again soon. Thanks again for the fast reply, I think it will make a huge difference.

But to be sure, is there any way I overlooked to get to know things like this, without bothering you every time something new is not clear?
woody
Level 2 user

Post by woody »

David wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:43 pm
You will see 9 talents at a time, but when you have hired one from the list, the list will get replenished.
Must be doing something wrong. I got the 9 from the start and when I hired them, I never got others in that city.

I tried it without mod.

I used a script with only these lines

[DIGITAL AGE DLC]
Talent System=Greatly Simplified
More Talents=500
David

Post by David »

Actually you have to add a [HEADER] section int your script, like the following.

[HEADER]
Title=Script for Digital Age DLC

[DIGITAL AGE DLC]
Talent System=Greatly Simplified
More Talents=500
woody
Level 2 user

Post by woody »

I used the script above, no mod, 5.4.09 and It's still not working.

I tried only one city and there I got up to 50 talents per product class.
two cities 25 talents each, total 50
three cities 16-17 each, total 50
four cities 12-13 each, total 50
five cities 10 each, total 50
starting from six cities 9 each

But after I hired all of them I didn't get any more.

I tried without script, exactly same result. It seems that the script has no effect.

If you have a saved game without mod for 5.4.09, which works i would be interested in it.