Some ideas about telecom company

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
baz
Level 4 user

Re: Some ideas about telecom company

Post by baz »

I forgot to mention that with TV services, these could be bought from Media and depending on the quality and price would be rating, but you would have a way of increasing this within telecoms. For example it would work the same as advertising, but once linked you could have a budget at the telecom to improve the service further. Bit like BT, you get standard TV but pay them and get extra content just for BT, similar with Sky and Virgin.
Expanding media would then become key.
they could buy sporting rights ie they buy a stadium, tennis, football pitch etc that improves there rating, buy rights from finance center ( Bloomberg ).
Media centers could use the data center or a broadcasting house in a similar way to data centers to increase viewers, Media boxes sold with Os for sky Virgin ect could be then tied in for competition.
Today Media companies and Telecom service provides are almost merged into the same market along with tech companies and the internet.
For example, With BT I can get, TV, Internet and voice which is fine there a comms company, Virgin offer the same but there not a comms company or a Media company, whilst Sky offer the same but they are a media company.
If I were to look into the future i'm not sure if land lines will exists all though fiber optics to the house will, I think 5G and such tech will resolve the need for landlines. Plus is there a need to have both as mobile tech and coverage just gets better.
In that respect the Telecoms building is already outdated and needs to work with mobiles more.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Hi James, thanks for all the good ideas on telecom.

To help me understand your vision better, would you please put together a rough interface outline listing the types of sliders, variables and performance indicators that you would like to see in the new telecom firm detail screen (https://www.capitalismlab.com/wp/wp-con ... ecom-1.png)?
MosierCan
Level 2 user

Post by MosierCan »

Telecoms can be more Interacting business with wireless towers/communication towers/tv towers, more towers = better and more infrastructure to the Telecom, like the Bank Branch to bank HQ

The telecoms can provide better services to the banks, media firms. like the advertising with media firms some companies can contract the telecoms to improve EX: to banks Quality of Services and for media companies the Content Quality.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

It would be great if someone can provide more concrete details as to how the ideas posted on this thread can be implemented from the gameplay mechanics and UI standpoints.