Real Estate Improvements

Suggestions for new DLC projects.
nejxis
Level 3 user

Real Estate Improvements

Post by nejxis »

I have a couple of suggestions for real Estate, which I believe would make things more realistic and aid future DLCs and expand Mods Possibilities

1) Firstly in the Menu i Would eliminate Apartments and instead make it named Residential Buildings.
  • This would give the residential real estate the possibility to expand by adding Mansions, Duplexes, Small Homes, Condominiums etc
2) There should be sub-categories in the Commercial Buildings which would be Leisure, Offices, Retail, Industrial, Others
  • This would give the option for real estate companies to build anything from offices, to factories, to shopping malls or Multi storey car parks, amusement parks or hotels etc
  • The cities graphs should reflect this individually - Meaning the supply for offices would not be increased if you build a shop for rent etc
  • The property should actually be used by companies, for example if I build a lot of shops around a city and lease them out, the other AI companies will manage them just like they would if they built their own - however with less initial investment
  • This would add the potential for future DLCs which would involve Tourism for example. Such as building a Hotel and leasing it out to a Hotel Company which has a huge brand name.
3) Rent itself should also be split into 3 categories: Short lets, Long Lets and Commercial Leases
  • This would give the option to choose between stable income which involves less risk and therefore less reward or vice versa - short lets would give greater income but have a higher chance of theft/damages/fire etc
  • Keeping this in my mind, it would also open the possibility to do Sub-letting for profit - Meaning you lease a building for 5 years and do short lets for profit for example
4) Increase The plot sizes of buildings, for example 5x5, 6x6 to accomodate new buildings mentioned above - hotels / resorts / condominiums etc