Telecom Company Bug

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
WardenCommander
Level 2 user

Telecom Company Bug

Post by WardenCommander »

Hello David,
I have encounter maybe "a bug" in Telecom company that when I stay only telecom in town percentage of users grows slowwww or not at all.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Telecom Company Bug

Post by David »

We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may email the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.
WardenCommander
Level 2 user

Hello David,
e-mail sended

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?

1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.

version of game is 5.6.00

2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game

bug happen after i pushed out other telecom competitor out of business and I stayed only one in town,

I first build one company of telecom that reached 70% of market share on its own with low price... then i build 4 more to push out

competitor out of business, after it i shut down my 4 extra companies hoping that a can operate with only one.

3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

no mods used, just script for unlimited resources.
David

Post by David »

I loaded your save game and noticed that you own a large number of telecoms. What is the name of the telecom that has difficulty growing its market share? You can see the name of the telecom from the firm detail window or the Firm Summary report.
WardenCommander
Level 2 user

David wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:18 pm I loaded your save game and noticed that you own a large number of telecoms. What is the name of the telecom that has difficulty growing its market share? You can see the name of the telecom from the firm detail window or the Firm Summary report.
Name of Telecom Company is: Adriatic Telecom 002 (Gatesville)
David

Post by David »

Our programmer has fixed the bug. The fix will be available in the next patch v5.6.06.

Please note that you will have to start a new game for the new code with the bug fix to take effect.
WardenCommander
Level 2 user

Thanx David,

why we need to start new game everytime game gets update would it not be possible to convert existing save file to make it run with new update?

Also there is a problem with city buildings stuff skill training, no matter how much i raise a money for training its not taking effect, i have to demolish existing building and build one to take effect. Then skill starts to raise till some lvl and starts to drop down.
Could there be a option to see how much people can Civil Building Support?
David

Post by David »

Also there is a problem with city buildings stuff skill training, no matter how much i raise a money for training its not taking effect, i have to demolish existing building and build one to take effect. Then skill starts to raise till some lvl and starts to drop down.
Could there be a option to see how much people can Civil Building Support?
Could you please explain this in more details? I may not completely understand what you meant.
WardenCommander
Level 2 user

Hello David,

ok so when i start new game all Civil Buildings (Hospital, University, City Hall, etc.) start with Stuff Skill 14, it didnt change no matter what was education level in city,
later I made a Political Party and got Mayor in a city from my Political Party.

I raised training budget or some Civil Buildings and left it like that for some time. After 4 in-game years Stuff Skill in Buildings was still stuck at 14,
only when i demolished buildings and build new ones Stuff Skill started to raise in that building.

Q: How is Stuff Skill determent? It just say Training Budget and General Education in city, does Hospital Stuff Skill depends on % of people with university degree in city?

Could there be a option to see how much people can Civil Building Support? - For example city has 4 Hospitals and each can support 250k people total 1M, but city has 780k people,
meaning that city can still get 220k more people before building new hospital.
David

Post by David »

The bug has been fixed. Please download the latest patch v5.6.07 from viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5345

It is compatible with save games from the previous version.
Could there be a option to see how much people can Civil Building Support? - For example city has 4 Hospitals and each can support 250k people total 1M, but city has 780k people,
meaning that city can still get 220k more people before building new hospital.
You could roughly figure it out from the Supply/Demand display on the civic building interface. For instance, if you have one hospital and Supply/Demand is 50. It means that the hospital is only sufficient for serving 50% of the population.