Software quality possible bug

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
Zaphod

Software quality possible bug

Post by Zaphod »

Apologies if this has already been fixed, I'm on 5.422 which I assume is the latest non-beta version.

In my current game I've developed an operating system. If open up the software company that's developing the OS project, it's currently part way through a version 3 and it shows the following...

Target Overall Tech: 53 -> 71
Target Quality: 53 -> 71

So I assume the current version 2 that's out there has a quality of 53.

However when I look at the factory that's burning version 2 onto DVDs, it shows "Production Quality 71/100" and "Owned Technology: 71" and sure enough the product shows up with a quality of 71 everywhere. The only place using the version 2 technology/quality seems to be on the digital download.

If go into the Product Details screen for the OS and access the E-commerce tab, the DVD version of my OS shows with a quality of 71 whilst the digital download version shows with a quality of 53.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Software quality possible bug

Post by David »

We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file?

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.
Zaphod

Post by Zaphod »

Thanks I have attached the savegame. I have the subsidiary DLC and digital age DLC enabled for this game but not using any mods.
I've also included the contents of my Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\PRODUCTS folder in case it makes any difference as I made one or two minor product customization some time ago, though doubt it's anything to do with this.

Some steps to see what I'm talking about...
  1. Load the save.
  2. Double-click the warehouse "Cybertech NYC Software Warehouse" (should be shown by default)
  3. Double-click the Workbench product to see product summary for Workbench.
  4. On the retail tab, observe that the quality of the boxed Workbench OS is 71.
  5. Switch to the e-commerce tab and observe that the quality of the digital download is only 53 (whilst what I assume to be the boxed product ordered via e-commerce is still 71).
  6. If you view the software studio "Cybertech Workbench OS Studio" you can also see that it's working on a new version of quality 71 and the existing version has quality 53.
I think the quality should probably show as 53 instead of 71 for the boxed product.

Another thing to consider - if the software studio was to work on a different project I'm not sure how you'd then toggle the digital download availability of the previous product. I assume doing it from the DVD factory / warehouse is toggling whether the DVD is available to order online rather than the digital download?
Attachments
PRODUCTS.zip
(187.56 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
DAVE_004.zip
(3.25 MiB) Downloaded 118 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

The bug has been fixed. Please download the latest patch v5.4.30 from viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4887&p=22640#p22640