Subsidiary Companies

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
nejxis
Level 3 user

Subsidiary Companies

Post by nejxis »

1) I think we should be able to merge two subsidiary private companies easily.

Currently the only way I can merge two subsidiary private companies is to do an IPO on the smallest one, take out as much loan on the biggest one and buy out the shares of the parent company along with the public shareholders and then send back the capital from the parent company to the new merged subsidiary to pay off the loan or most of it.

2) Transferring same type of assets from one company to the other should be made easily.

For example it would be much easier if I can transfer all apartments from subsidiary A to B in one go, or all retail stores, or all factories and so on.
lowkeybavil
Level 3 user

Re: Subsidiary Companies

Post by lowkeybavil »

nejxis wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:07 pm 1) I think we should be able to merge two subsidiary private companies easily.

Currently the only way I can merge two subsidiary private companies is to do an IPO on the smallest one, take out as much loan on the biggest one and buy out the shares of the parent company along with the public shareholders and then send back the capital from the parent company to the new merged subsidiary to pay off the loan or most of it.

2) Transferring same type of assets from one company to the other should be made easily.

For example it would be much easier if I can transfer all apartments from subsidiary A to B in one go, or all retail stores, or all factories and so on.
I like both your ideas, i come across those issues often.

also in regards to your second suggestion i also have a similiar suggestion regarding the rent prices for partments and offices and would like to see a mass scale slider to change the rent, please look at my suggestion too as it is related to your one.
http://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5719
colonel_truman
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Subsidiary Companies

Post by colonel_truman »

Yes, that would save a few mouse clicks.
Things aren´t getting worse; our information is getting better!