Bug: CBD dot strays

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
Charles

Bug: CBD dot strays

Post by Charles »

Hello. I've noticed while I'm playing with CES enabled, the red dot tends to move away from the CBD some time into the game. And this is not towards more built up areas (moving towards the centre of "gravity") but towards areas where there's not much at all. At the beginning of the game, the dot is somewhat accurate, but then it moves--seemingly to the same location for every city on a map. Once it's gotten there, it seems it doesn't move anymore throughout the game. I've been exploiting this to build "well"-located commercial buildings in basically vacant land, but it's kind of irksome.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Bug: CBD dot strays

Post by David »

We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
Charles

Post by Charles »

Hello David, thanks for the response.

1) My version is the 5.6.23 Release.
2) I'm not sure if there are exact steps. I just play, and then after some time I discover the red dot has moved to a weird location.
3) I don't use any MODs.

I emailed my save file. You'll notice that there are commercial buildings around the red dot, but that's because I built there after the red dot moved there. You'll notice another group of commercial buildings to the right in both cities -- that's where the red dot used to be. The red dot has been stationary for decades (in-game years), so I don't think it'll move again.

Thanks for looking into this!
David

Post by David »

Hi Charles,

I have obtained the details from the programmer regarding how the game system determines the CBD:

-the game system first divides the city into blocks (each consisting of 20x20 grids) and use the block with the overall highest land cost as the CBD.
-The red dot you see in the game is the center of the selected block.
-The game will review this every month. If it finds another block with a higher overall land cost, the CBD may shift to the new location.
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

I think that currently CBD mechanics is broken. I see that biggest rent price is not at the CBD.
colonel_truman
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by colonel_truman »

megapolis wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:24 am I think that currently CBD mechanics is broken. I see that biggest rent price is not at the CBD.
They re talking about land price, not rent price.
Things aren´t getting worse; our information is getting better!
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

colonel_truman wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:56 pm
megapolis wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:24 am I think that currently CBD mechanics is broken. I see that biggest rent price is not at the CBD.
They re talking about land price, not rent price.
I respectfully disagree. Please see example of CBD in the middle of nowhere.
Caplab CBD issue.PNG
Caplab CBD issue.PNG (29.43 KiB) Viewed 14133 times
David

Post by David »

If you run the game for a longer time, will the red dot move?

You may send me your save game file and I will ask the dev to take a look at it.
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

You can see it in all my saves that I sent you recently. It happens in several cities in every test run that I have done.
To be honest, it is not the major problem but it is distracting and counterintuitive. I still did not find a proper way to place commercial buildings now. I did not report it yet because there problems that are more important.