Suggest for company to have mass scale rent control for resident and commercial

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
lowkeybavil
Level 3 user

Suggest for company to have mass scale rent control for resident and commercial

Post by lowkeybavil »

Suggest for company to have mass scale rent control for resident and commercial buildings.

The mayor policies section allows for this for government owned buildings. I suggest companies also have sliders to set rent prices on a mass scale instead of one by one which makes it very diffficult when you have over 50 apartments.

Please see images
Attachments
Screenshot_8.png
Screenshot_8.png (43.87 KiB) Viewed 11738 times
Screenshot_7.png
Screenshot_7.png (18.24 KiB) Viewed 11738 times
lagrelax
Level 3 user

Re: Suggest for company to have mass scale rent control for resident and commercial

Post by lagrelax »

Agree. One of my strategy is to run for the mayor, then transfer all commercial/apartments to my company so I get a decent cash flow even with huge bulk of loans. No way to manage such many buildings though
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Suggest for company to have mass scale rent control for resident and commercial

Post by David »

You can use the apartment UI to set the rent to a percentage of the market price and it will free you up from micromanagement. Please see the attached screenshot.
Attachments
apartment.jpg
apartment.jpg (64.2 KiB) Viewed 11716 times
lowkeybavil
Level 3 user

Post by lowkeybavil »

Yeah i know that apartment UI but apartment and commericals arent like other buildings they only have one variable which is rent so it makes sense to have the same mass scale management as the mayor does for city owned properties. the image you show is still macro managed. yes the rent price rises and lowers based on market but what if i want to set it aall at 0 or 200. i want to be able to test out different prices to make the economy and city grow. my companies and subsidiaries own over 100 properties. I cant go through each one and change rent
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I would suggest that you create a poll for your suggestion. If there is a large enough number of users interested in it, there will be a higher chance that the development team will implement it.

You could see some examples in the Suggestion forum.

For instance, the Special Dividend suggestion is getting implemented thanks to the number of positive votes from the community.
lowkeybavil
Level 3 user

Post by lowkeybavil »

I have come up with this idea, please visit the suggestion forum and direct link is below. Read on the idea and vote please!

http://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5719
lowkeybavil
Level 3 user

Post by lowkeybavil »

+1