Why my brand loyalty drops ? ? ?

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
Tzache

Why my brand loyalty drops ? ? ?

Post by Tzache »

What are the reasons for brand loyalty dropping ? ? ?
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Re: Why my brand loyalty drops ? ? ?

Post by mwyeoh »

Its trial an error, but what Ive worked out so far

1) Using Corporate Brand- always goes negative after you are making more than 4-5 products (Even in the same mega class)
2) Using Range Branding- very hard to increase- usually stays between 0-10 (Sometimes it can go to 15)
3) Having a lower quality than your competitors (Inferior products)
4) Having a lower rating than your competitors (Overcharing consumers)
5) Building on top/ demolishing lots of houses (This does not seem to affect the AI- only human players)
6) Lots of factories in one city (The loyalty in that city always goes negative... too much pollution? Again human players only- doesnt affect AI)
Grashopa
Level 3 user

Post by Grashopa »

So always do unique branding?

In challenge 6 for example I went range branding because bottled milk was not being made by anyone and I planned to advertise my bottled milk while delaying the other beverages in the hopes my brand would increase for when I did introduce them. Is that a valid thought or do I misunderstand how it works? Or is a low brand loyalty under range branding a problem?
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Post by mwyeoh »

Again, its trial an error

I dont fully understand everything about it yet, but unique branding is the easiest to get to the 100 brand rating (In challenge game 6, one of the AI has a brand rating of 188, good thing its capped at 100)
Grashopa
Level 3 user

Post by Grashopa »

Does loyalty affect market share at all beyond that 100 cap on brand rating? It'd be a fantastic addition if not as right now you could introduce a new soda and take 1/3 of the market share coming into a market dominated by coke and pepsi for the last 100 years. That is unrealistic. It would also reward getting to the market first.
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Post by mwyeoh »

Grashopa wrote:Does loyalty affect market share at all beyond that 100 cap on brand rating?
Hi Grashopa, no it doesnt. Earlier, huge profits could be made by increasing brand rating to 150-180.
Also this made rating much more important than quality and/or price which was unrealistic, so David introduced the 100 cap a few patches back
haplo
Level 2 user

Post by haplo »

I have also problems with understanding the brand loyality.
In challenge game 14 i start with appareal products.
I went to a brand awarness of 60 and a loyality of 65 using corporate brand.
Then i started with leather products with nearly the same quality level as my apareal products.
In one year the awarness stays but the brand loyality drops down to 37... and still falling...

Made the same experience in other games but can not find out why...

Does anyone so far has a clue about that mechanism ?
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Post by mwyeoh »

haplo wrote:I have also problems with understanding the brand loyality.
In challenge game 14 i start with appareal products.
I went to a brand awarness of 60 and a loyality of 65 using corporate brand.
Then i started with leather products with nearly the same quality level as my apareal products.
In one year the awarness stays but the brand loyality drops down to 37... and still falling...

Made the same experience in other games but can not find out why...

Does anyone so far has a clue about that mechanism ?
Yes, have a look at this
http://www.capitalismlab.com/mega-product-class.html
haplo
Level 2 user

Post by haplo »

Thanks but thats unfortunately not a help.
As the leather products and the appareal are on the same mega class it should not have a negative effect.
Or do i understand it wrong?
azxcvbnm321
Level 3 user

Post by azxcvbnm321 »

I always use unique brand strategy because of the problems of using any other strategy, and plus because it simply gives the most benefits to advertising. With unique brand, it's pointless to advertise until you have a superior quality product, otherwise you risk brand loyalty going negative (people buy and try your product and find it inferior and know to avoid it in the future). I almost never get into a price war with products I'm advertising because that can lead to huge losses.