Poll: Add different currencies to banking DLC

Banking and Finance DLC for Capitalism Lab

Add different currencies to banking DLC

I want to add currencies to banking DLC.
73%
I don't want this feature.
27%

Total votes: 74

dark3214
Level 2 user

Poll: Add different currencies to banking DLC

Post by dark3214 »

Should the Banking DLC add different currencies to cities? This will add a new level of complexity to the gameplay(players can control exposure to different cities) and will help fix a situation where most factories open in one city.The way that the value of the currency is determined is with balance of trade (exports-imports) if a city imports more than it exports its currency value drops relative to the others and vice versa.The cooperation balance sheet will be reported in the currency that of the city that its headquarted in.

Sorry for my bad english :D :D

A currency toggle setting can be added to the setup screen so it will give player the choice to play with currencies or play the game as it is now.
Last edited by dark3214 on Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
dark3214
Level 2 user

Re: Poll: Add different currencies to banking DLC

Post by dark3214 »

I felt that the first post was a little lacking so i wanted to add a few things that might make things more clear on why having different currencies in game will make it more interesting and add a new layer to management of a company.

1.Diffrent cities can have different inflation rates(currently only one inflation rate exists for all cities).This can be achieved by changing interest rates, a city with a negative balance of trade will raise it's interest rate to increase demand of its currency by making it more attractive to hold deposits in the city banking sector and vice versa.

2.The ability to issue bonds or borrow from banks at different currencies will give players a new challenge as they have to evaluate the economic data of each city before deciding where to issue their bonds or borrow.This creates a new dilemma for the player ie: should i play it safe and issue debt in the city that i am headquarter in (same currency I report my balance sheet in )or should I take a risk and borrow from another city and maybe reap the rewards of falling currency value or vice versa .

Please feel free to correct me and add new things!!!
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

Güzel ve etkileyici bir fikir
therealevan
Level 4 user

Post by therealevan »

mdemircan2 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:08 pm Güzel ve etkileyici bir fikir
Not sure what you have said, but agreed.
dark3214
Level 2 user

Post by dark3214 »

What dose David think?

Is there a possibility of this feature getting added?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

dark3214 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:23 am What dose David think?

Is there a possibility of this feature getting added?
If you could provide more concrete details as to how this can be implemented, I would forward the details to the dev team for consideration.

For instance, when you are going to purchase a product from another city for your retail store, should it show the prices in two currencies? And should this apply to all financial data and price display? Will it overwhelm the display and make the game too complicated to play for most players?
lowkeybavil
Level 3 user

Post by lowkeybavil »

maybe make it optional so those who dont want complicated choose so.

also maybe we can limit to 3 different currencies: US Dollar (base currency as per real world capitalism), UK Pound and Euro. then expand in future if possible.

Also this will open a new secotor, which bank dlc can accomodate, currency exchange branches
dark3214
Level 2 user

Post by dark3214 »

The product price should be shown in the currency that the retail establishment is located in for instance ( dollars ) and if the factory is located in another city that uses for example (Pounds) the retailer would have to convert from dollars to pounds to make the purchase from the factory(it would be done automatically).Off course the price the retailer pays is going to change with currency movements but on aggregate and in the long run all transaction between cities will almost cancel out except for short term shocks (A City discovers huge mineral deposits and exports a large quantity which causes its currency value to increase and hurts the competitiveness of other industries this phenomena is known as the dutch diseases) which will keep the game interesting. IMO

As for financial data it should be displayed in the city currency that the player is headquartered in if its dollars all financial statements and stock prices will be in dollars.

I agree with the other post that it should be optional a toggle switch when setting up the game just like inflation.

I like the idea of currency exchange branches.

Please feel free to add other things and jump in please!!!
dark3214
Level 2 user

Post by dark3214 »

Any ideas anyone ? :D
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

dark3214 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:49 pm Any ideas anyone ? :D
How would e-commerce work with multiple currencies?

Currently you set a single price for a product sold via e-commerce that applies to all the cities. When there are multiple currencies, do you expect the game to do automatic currency conversion for each city?

Another thing is that the prices you see for the same product across different cities may vary a great deal in their local currencies. For example, a TV may sell for $100 in one city, and $900 in another, when their currency exchange rate is 1:9. Will that look too complicated or even confusing for the player?