[BUG] 1.965 info window will not close w/right click

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
City Builder
Level 5 user

[BUG] 1.965 info window will not close w/right click

Post by City Builder »

(edit: David, see my post further down page for instructions how to reproduce this bug)

Hello,

There are times that I bring up the info window but when I try to dismiss it with the right click of my mouse it won't go away.

The only way to get rid of it is to use the "i" button on the menu bar at the bottom of the screen. Sometimes it works fine, and other times it won't dismiss, so it's not constantly a problem.

I think the only thing that I notice different when this happens is that the mini map window is not showing when the right click on the info menu won't dismiss the info window. However, I don't know if the mini map disappears when I click the i button to dismiss the info window or if it disappeared when I brought up the info window in the first place. All I do know for certain is that anytime that I've had to get rid of the info window using the i button, when I look at my screen after pressing the i button the mini map is not showing and I have to open it by pressing the mini map button on the bottom toolbar.
Last edited by City Builder on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Re: 1.965 info window sometimes will not close

Post by mwyeoh »

I sometimes see this too
Another way to close it is to press the [ESC] button
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Tested it a few times but still couldn't replicate the problem...

If any of you have found the specific pattern to trigger this bug, please let me know.
Janis.Romans
Level 3 user

Post by Janis.Romans »

This also happened to me:

I was able to close the opened window only by pressing Esc.
Right clicking didn't work.

Saved game:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l6gfr9asvhfix57/_YVBJKuGg3?m

You have to use:

FUGE_001.SAV

2.97 MB
City Builder
Level 5 user

Post by City Builder »

David, steps to reproduce this bug are written further down this topic.
Last edited by City Builder on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Janis.Romans
Level 3 user

Post by Janis.Romans »

City Builder wrote:It just happened to me again. All I did was to open the financial menu, then switch to bank loans, and hold down my right mouse button on the + to take out the maximum loan.

When I then right clicked on the info window it would not go away. Pressing ESC removed the window like it should.

After this no matter which info window I brought up (financial, corp, stock exchange etc) it would not be dismissed by right clicking.

I saved the game and loaded it again and again any info window that I bring up will not dismiss with the right click.

I thought I had the perfect save to send you, but thought to test it out again. This time instead of only going to the main menu and loading the save, I chose to exit to windows. Load up the game again and loaded up that save, and now right clicking closes any info window that I open.

So I don't think that a save is going to do you any good since it seems that exiting the game to windows and then starting the game again temporarily fixes what ever it is that is causing this.

If you still think that the save would do you any good then let me know and i'll see if i can find someplace to host it. Also know that this happened at the very beginning of the game, I had only bought a logging farm and a silver mine, nothing else when this occured, where as the person above me who posted his save is a rather large corporation already going on, so it doesn't appear to be associated with either just starting a game or with a game that has been in progress for a while.
I suggest You to fix the bug, do this:
Navigate to My Documents, then open My games, open Capitalism Lab folder, delete everything in Capitalism Lab folder, do not delete the folder it self, only the files, folders in it.

I did that, it worked.
City Builder
Level 5 user

Post by City Builder »

You confuse me.

You first say this happen to you too and provide a save file.

Then you now say to fix this we should wipe out the configuration file and the save files.

How did you have your save file if you deleted all the files and folders?

Anyway, I've deleted the config file as well as the other two folders a couple times now when I was trying to configure the game to my computers native resolution and yet this bug is still here so I don't think wiping out those files and folders will do anything (to supposedly *fix* this bug) for anybody other than to lose all of their save files and make them have to reconfigure the game settings again. I really don't suggest it for "fixing" this bug as it won't, it will only remove your saved game and the bug will be back again when you hit on the right combination to cause it to happen.
Last edited by City Builder on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Post by mwyeoh »

CityBuilder, you have to understand that the only staff/admin here is David. The rest of us are Beta Testers.

Also the recommendation made by David is that whenever a savegame incompatible version of CapLab is released, that all the contents of the Capitalism Lab folder in My Documents be wiped as old/existing settings can corrupt a game or cause errors
City Builder
Level 5 user

Post by City Builder »

@ David,

Here is how you can reproduce this bug, please let me know if you all are able to reproduce it, if you can't reproduce it (even though I've reproduced it now every single time that I've tried since finding the key) let me know and I'll see if I can find another way of producing this bug.

1. Start game.
2. Open Stock market menu
3. Click option to go to bank loan menu
4. Hold down RIGHT mouse button on the + sign to take out a loan (I just took out the maximum loan amount)
5. Left click borrow button

6. RIGHT click info window to dismiss and it won't go away.

I tried this multiple times and each time it bugged out.

If I tried to take out a loan by holding down the left mouse button on the + symbol and taking out the loan, then I was able to dismiss the info window after taking out the loan. So apparently it has something to do with holding down the RIGHT mouse button over the + button that is causing this bug.

Hope this helps,
Last edited by City Builder on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
City Builder
Level 5 user

Post by City Builder »

mwyeoh wrote:CityBuilder, you have to understand that the only staff/admin here is David. The rest of us are Beta Testers.

Also the recommendation made by David is that whenever a savegame incompatible version of CapLab is released, that all the contents of the Capitalism Lab folder in My Documents be wiped as old/existing settings can corrupt a game or cause errors
Yes I know that. Contrary to my low total post count (only 30 as of the moment) I've actually been here since 2010 when David first told us about this expansion.

But it was not David that made the suggestion (above in this topic) to wipe out the settings and save files (to supposedly *fix* this bug) it was another user and he was making that suggestion stating for fact that it would "fix" this bug, that is obviously false, it will NOT fix this BUG. It will only wipe out somebody's save files unnecessarily.

This bug has nothing to do with either the configuration or save files, it's inside of the game code itself as I've mentioned in the post right above this one. Because this bug is both present in saved games as well as when starting a new game, therefor this supposed *fix* that the user posted above is not going to fix this bug at all since this bug occurs on both saved games as well as starting a new game.