No thanks
11%
Please explain more and what we would get and approx price
44%
I have a alternate/similar idea
No votes
I don't wish to buy anymore DLC's or other content
No votes
Just give me a new game and stop adding stuff, put it all in the new game.
11%

Total votes: 9

megapolis
Level 6 user

Re: Smart Phones and Multiple O/s

Post by megapolis »

David wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:40 am
Insurance companies are useless because they provide statistics-based services in statistics-based simulation.
I like the sound of your statement. Unfortunately I see no explanation behind the notion that providing statistics-based services in statistics-based simulation is equivalent to uselessness.
Fair point. Could not argue with that. Later we'll see if I was right or wrong.
Previously I told that bonds are useless and now I can tell that I was wrong.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Out of 200 hours I spend around 100 hours reconfiguring education. If you will introduce a completely new interface and some automation into it, that would reduce 100 hours and will allow me to reach late-game stages more frequently.
What kind of automation would you want?
Yes, it is an issue. And it is a gameplay issue, not an AI one.
What exactly the gameplay issue is about?
But on the other hand it is an AI issue. AI puts all the eggs in one basket.
How should the AI do instead in your opinion? What's wrong with having all the eggs in one basket from the AI's profitability standpoint?
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

David wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:46 pm
Out of 200 hours I spend around 100 hours reconfiguring education. If you will introduce a completely new interface and some automation into it, that would reduce 100 hours and will allow me to reach late-game stages more frequently.
I want to set a research goal to AI Mayor and leave it alone.
For example in my games the goal is to spend $6M on research monthly and invest it into 10 particular preset industries.
Here's how I monitor the research areas assigned to the cities. And the results you can find in my latest savegame.
Caplab research matrix.PNG
Caplab research matrix.PNG (35.16 KiB) Viewed 1140 times
David

Post by David »

megapolis wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:36 pm
David wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:46 pm
I want to set a research goal to AI Mayor and leave it alone.
For example in my games the goal is to spend $6M on research monthly and invest it into 10 particular preset industries.
Here's how I monitor the research areas assigned to the cities. And the results you can find in my latest savegame.
Caplab research matrix.PNG

How would you like such an automation system to be implemented? What type of UI do you prefer? Any concrete suggestions?

Would you like the same to be used for general research projects in R&D centers as well?
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

David, it's a tough one.

First, there is a different approach to city research and company research. City research effects are gradual and company research is breakthrough-based. From gameplay perspective it makes sense.
As a result I don't see a reason to change company research to goal-based one. While for cities it will be great.

On the other hand I also hate current R&D system with all that talents. It creates a lot of micromanagement. And the only way to improve it is to remove talent-based research. Because implementing the checkbox called "keep salary rate above 80%" will basically kill it.

Oh, I have an idea of an interface. You can see it on a screenshot.
Currently research is working on a weekly tick basis. If after a tick current City Competitiveness will become bigger than the goal in that field, AI will switch to any different field that is below the target. If all fields are above the target, it will choose a random one.
Attachments
Caplab Research idea.jpg
Caplab Research idea.jpg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 1118 times
David

Post by David »

Oh, I have an idea of an interface. You can see it on a screenshot.
Currently research is working on a weekly tick basis. If after a tick current City Competitiveness will become bigger than the goal in that field, AI will switch to any different field that is below the target. If all fields are above the target, it will choose a random one.
I will forward your suggestion on research automation to the dev team.
On the other hand I also hate current R&D system with all that talents. It creates a lot of micromanagement. And the only way to improve it is to remove talent-based research. Because implementing the checkbox called "keep salary rate above 80%" will basically kill it.
Have you tried setting the Talent System to "Greatly Simplified" as shown in the attached screenshot?
Attachments
talent system.png
talent system.png (399.35 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

David wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:54 am
Have you tried setting the Talent System to "Greatly Simplified" as shown in the attached screenshot?
Honestly, I have never thought of using Greatly Simplified talent system. Well, it sounds rather reasonable in my case. But on the other hand it will not remove all my pain and will save some money in process (and I don't like it).

Anyway I will think of it. Thanks for the tip.