I have another idea
No votes

Total votes: 16

JohanPB
Level 2 user

Suggestion : Consult talent pool before building

Post by JohanPB »

The issue :

Right now, we can't consult the talent pool before building a software company or R&D center, which makes us go into a blind decision : in which city do we build these ?
This would not be an issue if land to build was not so expensive.
nejxis
Level 3 user

Re: Suggestion : Consult talent pool before building

Post by nejxis »

This is not that big of a deal.

firstly the best talent pool I found is always in those cities with the highest wage rates.

secondly, you can always just demolish the building and sell the land, usually you just lose some thousands on the building rather than the land.
mrgarrettscott
Level 4 user

Post by mrgarrettscott »

nejxis wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:56 pm This is not that big of a deal.

firstly the best talent pool I found is always in those cities with the highest wage rates.

secondly, you can always just demolish the building and sell the land, usually you just lose some thousands on the building rather than the land.
Going to highest wage city makes sense to look for talent. Fine! Why do I have first build something then lose a few $100k to see what talents are available? That is ridiculous. What if you had to build a farm for frozen beef just to see what the demand for that product was? What if you had to an build apartment to learn the housing demand?

This is simple fix. Go to city, sort by expertise and find out what talent level in the area of expertise you need, whether that be combining coal and Iron into steel or developing your OS.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Update: the upcoming version 6.5.00 will have a new function for viewing available talents in different cities in the Human Resources department of Corporate Headquarters.
Attachments
HR - view talents 2.png
HR - view talents 2.png (540.01 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
HR - view talents 1.png
HR - view talents 1.png (859.44 KiB) Viewed 1043 times