o Collectible Coins
o Rare Watches
o Rare Weapons
o Rare Books
o Horses
o Hunting Trophies
o Rare Wine Vintages

• Personal Property:
o Private Jet (Small $5 Million, Medium $10 Million, Large: Gulfstream $50+ Million)
o Yachts (Small $1 Million, Medium $5 Million, Large: $100+ Million)

• Additional Personal Real Estate Properties:
o Large Ranch Property
o Personal Skyscraper: Penthouse Home plus some rental income from lower floors.

• Philanthropy:
o Setup Charitable Foundation that can Invest in Companies, Bonds, etc. and then make Grants to Operating Charities
o Setup Operating Charity

Any Additional Features/Ideas? How would do some of these practically at game play?
Last edited by standardplayer on Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
CamposRB

Re: Millionaire Life DLC: Features/Ideas

Post by CamposRB »

standardplayer wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:03 am Additional Items for Character to do or spend money on Outside Company

• Auctions for Luxury Goods:
o Art
o Antique Furniture
o Classic Cars
o Collectible Coins
o Rare Watches
o Rare Weapons
o Rare Books
o Horses
o Hunting Trophies
o Rare Wine Vintages

• Personal Property:
o Private Jet (Small $5 Million, Medium $10 Million, Large: Gulfstream $50+ Million)
o Yachts (Small $1 Million, Medium $5 Million, Large: $100+ Million)

• Additional Personal Real Estate Properties:
o Large Ranch Property
o Personal Skyscraper: Penthouse Home plus some rental income from lower floors.

• Philanthropy:
o Setup Charitable Foundation that can Invest in Companies, Bonds, etc. and then make Grants to Operating Charities
o Setup Operating Charity

Any Additional Features/Ideas? How would do some of these practically at game play?

I really like the ideias of; Additional Personal real estate properties like the big ranch and personal properties like Yachts, Jets! I thinking its possible to use the super yacht or the Racht to improve (global) the image of the player corporation (and possible the person status) and with this they doesnt need pay to much for advertising your stores, bank, etc etc... Working like a kind o Bonus. but with this, the Itens like ranch, yatch etc... must be very expensive and i thinking that will very be interesting in add a little budget to keep (maintenance) the yacht ranch etc, this justify the distribution of dividends to the player (stockholders) if you doest have money to pay the bills the yacht and the ranch doesnt make impact on yours (corporate image or other thinks like improve the quality (attractiveness of your appartments/commercial buildings) near of this personal itens
standardplayer
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by standardplayer »

standardplayer
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by standardplayer »

Additional Money Sinks for Wealthy:
• Private Space Company: Require $100 Million-$1+ Billion/Year in funding
• Large Estate: $75-$100+ Million (5x5 Plot or Greater) (e.g. Jeff Bezos $165 Million LA Mansion)
Kristo
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by Kristo »

Hi,

my input is this:

Every few months the player will be invited to an auction. If he/she agrees, then few pieces of art will be presented to him/her to bid. If he/she wins the bidding, then the art-piece is to be added to his/her art-collection, which is for the "person", not for the "corporation". Players (and people in the game) can use this to build their own art-collection, that they can sell later. Or at least some part of it. It's another asset of theirs.

For not-art pieces: the player again recieves a message from time to time:
"A private company unveils its new supercar/golden watch/yacht/diamond ring/something to their clients. The production is limited for very few wealthy individuals. Do you want to order 1? Yes/No."
If the player select "yes", then the thing is bought and added to his/her personal collection of such items.

For real estate: just add a new mansion, which will be bigger and more expensive. Give corporations ability to call auctions for such buildings and let people bid on them.
souravbaid270

Post by souravbaid270 »

This would be a lot more fun, I actually have a game where I actually have so much cash that I just want to spend it like a mad man, but just buying stocks in global market or making mansions gets really boring.
This would be a great addition for an after success lifestyle.
seanmackenzie10

Post by seanmackenzie10 »

Is there no way to edit the types/costs of mansions available for purchase?

A simple addition would be to include the stadium as purchasing a sports team. Stadium might cost $500m-$2,500m.

The next step would be to somehow make it an income generating building. % of profits, resale value, etc.
rafaeltodero
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by rafaeltodero »

These ideas are very interesting, it would be very cool to see Philanthropy in the game.

It would certainly be a very interesting immersion.
kg79
Level 3 user

Post by kg79 »

Oh yes, there is much room for improving the personal things. It gets boring to earn the money and having almost nothing to do despite of buying stocks and bonds or mansions. Once I bought stocks of a company which was doing very bad and then I said "lets buy the whole company" - though I thought that I would not gain control of any company beside my main one, but I did... And made again billions. As I remember there were some limitations compared to what I could do in my main company. I think I could not setup subsidiaries which I control. This brought me to the idea that it should be possible to gain control over other companies and also control their subsidiaries in the same way you can which your main company. And to found new companies from scratch, which have nothing to do with your first company, so you even should be able to sell your first company and start a new one if you are a bored billionaire...

But as I would like things improved to be able to do with the personal character, I also would like to have the other side of this improved:
- The character should start in an appartement and pay rent for it until he buys his own mansion
- The character should pay taxes based on the individual tax rate where he lives (CES DLC)
- He also should have costs of living, which would depend on the city and rise significantly with the status of his mansion(s)

Also there should be a level-up/down system for the personal expertice attributes:
If you gain expertice in an area like farming because you run many farms for years, there should be an mechanism which adds points to the expetise, and lowers those were you do nothing. This way also the product expertise could change after years.

Furthermore some role play features would make the game more enjoyable in late game:
Age and death: yes, all characters should die or be able to resign at some point in life. For the player character there could be an option to become kids at a basic level (no searching for woman/man or something, just becoming offspring...). When you do so, you pick a name for them and when they become adults they could start in the company e.g. as COO and gain expertice. Later when you resign or die you would take over this character. Having kids of course would first cost you a lot of money every month. For the AI there would always be some people who die or resign, so the pool of AI persons would change over time, because they would be replaced. And this would be nice, as also the expertise levels would change, as well as the behaviour of the AI companies with new CEOs would act differently.

All the other mentioned things like luxury, cars, philanthropy are welcome, but they also should add some special value like reputation or satisfaction, and maybe give you some % of more time to live.

Edit:
I think it would be also cool to be able to start the game without any own company, just as a person, and then get hired by an AI company as COO. You would first earn a small salary, but if you do your job well you could get hired by bigger AI corporation and earn more, up to the point were you want to start your own business. This would also make the time enjoyable were you don't have much monay, as you would be responsible for maybe several firms.
harryjane

Post by harryjane »

I would suggest you add some functions that allow the player to spend the money on irrelevant things not just house, cars, business etc. Maybe to carry babe, go on vacation, go clubbing etc. And there should be some things that should make the money reduce too