6%

Total votes: 17

Kristo
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Health DLC

Post by Kristo »

Now, here's my take on everything Health related as possible DLC

First, let me introduce you to the idea of "medical spheres", which are based on human body and are needed in this concept - they'll be "Brain", "Blood and Heart", "Bones", "Lungs", "Stomach", "Skin", "Reproduction", "Dental", "Eyes", etc... I added them as they'll be important for 2 things - medical units in hospitals, based on a sphere, and r'n'd research in a given sphere (which will benefit not only all products in it, but also all units based on it)

Not, let's start with the components :

[Medical Care]

A.k.a. hospitals. There'll be different kinds of them - "Large Hospital", "Small hospital", "Dental clinic", "Luxury clinic". Large hospitals will have 9 med. units, which means, you can add up to 9 med. spheres in there, possibly all spheres. Small hospital will have limited number of units (i prefer 3, but 1 is also possible), and here you have to choose which units you'll use. Dental clinics will have only 1 type of unit - "dental", so no choosing here. Luxury Clinics will be the same as Large Hospitals, but will have some exclusive units, that'll not be available elsewhere. Probably like "DNA testing", "Psychiatry", etc. It'll be more expensive than the others. Profits in all will be based on % on top of real value of a service. Say, the operation may cost 1000, and you set the % to be 5%, so you'll receive 1050. Ratings, advertisement, training and so on, will be as usual in the game.

[Medidcal education]

Simple: just donate a new building called "med school" and the quality of all clinics in town will go up. Yes, including other corp's hospitals.

[Drugs]

Each sphere mentioned above will have its own drugs. Yes, some of these drugs already exist, but additional ones may have to be added. "Skin" will have "skin lotion", "acne cream", "burn lotion"; "Brain" will have "headache pill", but also "painkillers", "insomnia pills", "memory pills", etc. Everything else will be as already is in game.

[Biotechnology]

Now the fun part. New building - "laboratory", which basically is r'n'd center, but only for medical stuff. R'n'd units may be based on either a product (a pill, a syrop) or a sphere ("brain", "bones") - the latter will be slower and more expensive to research, but will benefit everything you have in that sphere (all dedicated units in hospitals, all drugs, all products).

[Medical supplies]

This is just new line of products. It may include things like syringes, bandages, inhalers, empty (blood) banks, medical gloves, tubes, needles, medical monitors, etc. They will be created and sold like other products, but their tech level will be researched only in labs. They won't be attached to med. spheres at all. Just bunch of new products. Clients will be the general population. Also - clinics, private practices.

[Medical equipment]

This can be produced in factories like normal products too. The products are again based on spheres. So your factory may create "Brain Medical Tools", "Heart Medical Tools" and so on as normal products. It will then sell them to clinics. So in order to have a "Brain unit", you need to buy "brain medical equipment" or "brain medical tools" in order to set it. Possible other clients may be - exporting them abroad, the goverment, private practices, etc. Other possibility - instead of based on spheres, just call this to be only 1 product called "med. equiptment" and be done with it.

[Health Insurance]

You know what this is, and how it will work.

[HealthCare Providers]

New firm, that will work like a bank, but instead of financial services, will provide medical ones. For a small subscription fee, it will provide its clients with cheaper medical services. Health insurance may be included here.

[Medical Real Estate]

This is a building, that is shaped and made like a hospital, but not for your use. You'll lease the rooms for private practices, doctors, dentists, etc. Basically you build a small empty hospital, and people rent the space to practice medicine in it. It will work as normal RE, nothing new here. It may come in different sizes too.

[Ambulance services]

Another possible firm - one that run ambulances. These firms can be independent from hospitals and such, and you can use sliders to upgrade their quality and their price. How many clients it can reach? It depends on how many vehicles you have, how high the quality is, how low the price is, and so on.

So, in general - some of these components may be discarded, depending on your opinions; i suggest all of them be used in a future DLC for better gaming experience. If you have suggestions and corrections, please share them. Also - you have ideas how to better implement this topic, please share, i'll welcome them gladly.

See ya.
Last edited by Kristo on Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Health DLC

Post by David »

Kristo wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:10 pm Now, here's my take on everything Health related as possible DLC
Hi Kristo, very interesting and original ideas!

I would recommend that you set up a poll for it to gauge the community's interest in it. Alternatively, I plan to set up a new poll for "Vote for your favorite DLC ideas (2020 update)" in the near future and will include it.

On a separate note, do you have any suggestions for improving the Telecom industry? There has been a lot of discussion about Telecom on this thread http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... 598#p29598 but ideas that are practical for implementation have not surfaced yet. Any input will be appreciated.
Kristo
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by Kristo »

Hi David,

First of all - thanks for you words and input
Second - i'll take a look when i have time and share some ideas too.

ps: i've added two more components - Medical RE and Ambulance Services too. Check them out.

Regards
fritz

Post by fritz »

Excellent ideas! Will definitely buy this DLC if it is going to be made.
standardplayer
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by standardplayer »

Additional
Kristo wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:10 pm Now, here's my take on everything Health related as possible DLC

First, let me introduce you to the idea of "medical spheres", which are based on human body and are needed in this concept - they'll be "Brain", "Blood and Heart", "Bones", "Lungs", "Stomach", "Skin", "Reproduction", "Dental", "Eyes", etc... I added them as they'll be important for 2 things - medical units in hospitals, based on a sphere, and r'n'd research in a given sphere (which will benefit not only all products in it, but also all units based on it)

Not, let's start with the components :

[Medical Care]

A.k.a. hospitals. There'll be different kinds of them - "Large Hospital", "Small hospital", "Dental clinic", "Luxury clinic". Large hospitals will have 9 med. units, which means, you can add up to 9 med. spheres in there, possibly all spheres. Small hospital will have limited number of units (i prefer 3, but 1 is also possible), and here you have to choose which units you'll use. Dental clinics will have only 1 type of unit - "dental", so no choosing here. Luxury Clinics will be the same as Large Hospitals, but will have some exclusive units, that'll not be available elsewhere. Probably like "DNA testing", "Psychiatry", etc. It'll be more expensive than the others. Profits in all will be based on % on top of real value of a service. Say, the operation may cost 1000, and you set the % to be 5%, so you'll receive 1050. Ratings, advertisement, training and so on, will be as usual in the game.

Potentially Add:
*Nursing Homes
*Chiropractors
Kristo
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by Kristo »

Yes.

May be some medical/health buldings can be available not for profit, but to donate to the city, like cemeteries, morgues, etc.

Also - health index: the level of healthcare in the given city, the need for doctors, the need for high quality medical services, etc.
leveragedbuyout

Post by leveragedbuyout »

Cool ideas! Great job on the write-up!

I wonder if some of the ideas can be made into a MOD, letting those of us in this community who like the ideas to have something to play with, while waiting for it to be eventually made into a full fledged DLC.
Joubarbe
Level 2 user

Post by Joubarbe »

What about some kind of disease that could spread to all cities and ruin the entire economy? I know, it's crazy, I don't know where I get this idea from.