BUG: How to build a 100 quadrillion insurance company

Banking and Finance DLC for Capitalism Lab
Alistar

BUG: How to build a 100 quadrillion insurance company

Post by Alistar »

Step 1 - Start making money as private company and have enough cash reserves (optionally, go IPO before setting up the insurance company)
Step 2- Set-up and insurance company
Step 3 - Start bleeding cash in your insurance company (huge marketing budgets, banks/bond loans, etc.) while insurance premiums start rolling in. Stock price should crash as profit goes into red.
Step 4 - As insurance company begins to breakeven (operating expenses+claims vs premiums) buy your company's stock with insurance company.
Step 5 - Get rid of excessive expenditures (loans, marking, etc)
Step 6 - Profit!

Once your company's stock price begins to rise, it launches a vicious cycle between valuation of the insurance company and valuation of your stock. In a matter of years, you get billions. In ten years I was making quadrillions! I can sell 5% of my company's stock and buy out half of the global stock market. See screenshot attached.

I also ran into a second weird bug which was sort of a result of the first one: Doing a 2-1 split of the stock price led to a downward spiralling of the company price which could not be stopped.

I have done the stock split once I could no longer issue new shares to the public since 1 share was worth more than 250million. I launched the stock split and went bankrupt within a few years.
Attachments
Quadrillions.png
Quadrillions.png (1.28 MiB) Viewed 1575 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: BUG: How to build a 100 quadrillion insurance company

Post by David »

This bug will be fixed in the next update v6.3.05. An insurance company will be prohibited from buying shares of its parent company.
saferain
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by saferain »

David wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:47 am This bug will be fixed in the next update v6.3.05. An insurance company will be prohibited from buying shares of its parent company.
干嘛不修改保险投资的收益?禁止买母公司股票,这完全没必要
FCT team. Professional Chinese translation.E-mail:info_fct@163.com
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

You may set up a poll for your suggestion. You could use Baidu Translate https://fanyi.baidu.com/ if you are going to post it in the English forum.
beamthegreat
Level 3 user

Post by beamthegreat »

LOL this is hilarious