Suggestions for translating documents

This forum is for those of you who are interested in localizing the game text in Capitalism Lab into your native language on your own
saferain
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Suggestions for translating documents

Post by saferain »

Can you add a translation document, the Chinese file (translate.txt) is now very large, there are also a lot of messy translation.The main problem was that I added my MOD's translation to overwrite the document, others' MOD's were reloaded, and many were not translated.Request resolved, add a new (translate.txt) similar document.
FCT team. Professional Chinese translation.E-mail:info_fct@163.com
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Suggestions for translating documents

Post by David »

that I added my MOD's translation to overwrite the document, others' MOD's were reloaded, and many were not translated
I don't quite understand what you meant above. Please feel free to write in Chinese in the Chinese forum and I will reply you.
saferain
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by saferain »

就是我现在在制作一个MOD,Translate.txt文件是汉语翻译的文件。我每次把我MOD翻译的内容放在这个文件里,然后上传。别的人下载我的MOD,覆盖了这个文件。这个人再玩别的MOD,那个MOD会有很多英文显示。
saferain
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by saferain »

我想问一下能不能再弄一个向Translate.txt的文件,我可以把我的MOD翻译放在这里面。然后别人下载了,没有覆盖Translate.txt文件,既可以玩我的MOD,也可以玩别人的
David

Post by David »

I will forward your suggestion to the dev team.
saferain
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by saferain »

David wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:39 am I will forward your suggestion to the dev team.
David, did you give this suggestion to the development team?

I want to make a mod that is all classical. I want to make all the products in the game ancient. I want to change the translation of pictures and names.

There are also some modern translation names that are unique to ancient times.

There is another problem. It seems that the pictures of the original buildings can't be modified? I'd like to change the original pictures into ancient architectural pictures. Add mod to make the whole interface new. In this way, players will also have the idea of playing.

(大卫,你这个建议给开发团队了吗?
我想弄一个全是古典气息的MOD,想把游戏里的产品全部弄成古代的,图片和名字都更改翻译。
还有一些现在的翻译名称也弄成古代特有的。
还有一个问题,原版的图片好像不能修改?我想把原版自带的图片也改成古代的建筑图片。添加MOD能够让整个界面焕然一新。这样对玩家来说也会有玩的想法)
David

Post by David »

saferain wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:26 am David, did you give this suggestion to the development team?
You may send me a test translation file and your MOD and I will pass it to the programmer to evaluate how much time it will take to implement it. If it is not too difficult, I believe that they will implement it.
I want to make a mod that is all classical. I want to make all the products in the game ancient. I want to change the translation of pictures and names.

There are also some modern translation names that are unique to ancient times.

There is another problem. It seems that the pictures of the original buildings can't be modified? I'd like to change the original pictures into ancient architectural pictures. Add mod to make the whole interface new. In this way, players will also have the idea of playing.

(大卫,你这个建议给开发团队了吗?
我想弄一个全是古典气息的MOD,想把游戏里的产品全部弄成古代的,图片和名字都更改翻译。
还有一些现在的翻译名称也弄成古代特有的。
还有一个问题,原版的图片好像不能修改?我想把原版自带的图片也改成古代的建筑图片。添加MOD能够让整个界面焕然一新。这样对玩家来说也会有玩的想法)
I was told by the dev team a while ago that some of the basic buildings need to be kept unchanged in order for the AI to function.

If you have more info about your mod and the types of ancient architectural buildings, please send them to me and I will try to persuade the dev team to support you by doing some custom programming by adding some special settings to enable your MOD to use special building pictures, provided that such programming is not too time consuming.
saferain
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by saferain »

David wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:59 am
was told by the dev team a while ago that some of the basic buildings need to be kept unchanged in order for the AI to function.

If you have more info about your mod and the types of ancient architectural buildings, please send them to me and I will try to persuade the dev team to support you by doing some custom programming by adding some special settings to enable your MOD to use special building pictures, provided that such programming is not too time consuming.
No trouble at all, just support to modify the pictures in the mod_kit \ images \ buildings (original) folder. I will make pictures according to the original picture specifications
(不麻烦,只需要支持修改MOD_kit\Images\Buildings (original)文件夹的图片就行,我会按照原来的图片规格来制作图片的)
saferain
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by saferain »

大卫,你好
Translate.txt文件现在707KB
里面很多都是MOD的翻译,能不能添加一个MODTranslate.txt?
我可以把MOD的翻译全部弄到MODTranslate.txt里面
MODTranslate.txt的功能和Translate.txt一样
Attachments
QQ图片20200519222241.png
QQ图片20200519222241.png (38.04 KiB) Viewed 2691 times
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

The idea of creating a "special mod" file is a good idea.

We could then ask the mod creator to create a file of type translate.txt

This way, when a team wants to translate a mod, they would only have to change the words needed for the mod in question.

We'll just have to find a system to offer "easily" the translated versions.

I also have another suggestion that takes up the idea I made in this forum.
paulwoman wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:16 pm In the long term, we could imagine a software that directly retrieves the words to be translated on a server with the available translations. You would then just have to launch the software, choose the target language, and it automatically generates the file.
Failing to make it 100% automatic, it would be a good idea for the software in question to look at what is already present in the "local" file. They would only have to put your list in the software.

That way, there would only need to modify the software, not the game, and that would be very useful ^^