90%
No, This would not be Helpful
10%

Total votes: 10

Yimmy
Level 3 user

Poll: Group Selection Capability for Retail Products

Post by Yimmy »

It would be helpful to have a group selection (ctrl-left-mouseclick?) capability for retail products from the supplier list screen, e.g., bed, sofa and chair. This would reduce the need to open and choose a single selection multiple times for the same retail outlet.
Yimmy
Level 3 user

Re: Poll: Group Selection Capability for Retail Products

Post by Yimmy »

Would still like to see this enhancement; hoping for more votes
Yimmy
Level 3 user

Post by Yimmy »

It has been over 2.5 years since I posted this poll with only six votes and no comments. I realize players use different strategies and many may not build multiple retail stores using the same products. However, for those players who do sell the same products in retail stores ( such as bed, sofa and/or chair) an ability to select all three products at the same time would be a huge way to save time and tedium.

Perhaps someone will be willing to inform me why this idea is not too successful.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

Yimmy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:26 am It has been over 2.5 years since I posted this poll with only six votes and no comments. I realize players use different strategies and many may not build multiple retail stores using the same products. However, for those players who do sell the same products in retail stores ( such as bed, sofa and/or chair) an ability to select all three products at the same time would be a huge way to save time and tedium.

Perhaps someone will be willing to inform me why this idea is not too successful.
If I understand you correctly, there is an option under "Relocate/Destroy/transfer" to duplicate firms

if you use this option it copies the firm with the products it is set up to sell.

this lets you set up one store, click duplicate, then hold down shift when you build you can literally plop a dozen stores in a city in seconds. (certainly being able to do this is why i wouldn't find the option useful)
Yimmy
Level 3 user

Post by Yimmy »

cantdownloadit wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:47 pm
Yimmy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:26 am It has been over 2.5 years since I posted this poll with only six votes and no comments. I realize players use different strategies and many may not build multiple retail stores using the same products. However, for those players who do sell the same products in retail stores ( such as bed, sofa and/or chair) an ability to select all three products at the same time would be a huge way to save time and tedium.

If I understand you correctly, there is an option under "Relocate/Destroy/transfer" to duplicate firms

if you use this option it copies the firm with the products it is set up to sell.

this lets you set up one store, click duplicate, then hold down shift when you build you can literally plop a dozen stores in a city in seconds. (certainly being able to do this is why i wouldn't find the option useful)
You are absolutely correct about the duplication feature. I use it extensively and find it to be one of the best improvements for building new facilities. I don't think it existed 2.5 yrs ago when I created the poll. Even with the duplication feature, however, I think the multiple selection idea has merit You can't use the duplicate feature from one city to another, so you always must create the first group in each city from scratch.

In addition, when you have lots of factories with lots of resource materials from multiple production facilities (e.g., warehouses, factories, and raw materials) and produce lots of semi-products the list of choices for factories can have many dozens of resources in the list for building a factory. Certainly the filter options are helpful, but still require a single product selection. Using a multiple selection feature eliminates the need to select/list/select/list until all products are chosen.