Poll: Linking Digital & Banking DLC

Banking and Finance DLC for Capitalism Lab

Do you want fintech to be implemented somehow?

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 17

nejxis
Level 3 user

Poll: Linking Digital & Banking DLC

Post by nejxis »

How about we are able to create insurance & banking software and/or websites

Then we can link the banks and insurances with these websites where they will have the same clients, and people can deposit through the website and so on, just like the current fintech era?
furmanbp
Level 2 user

Re: Poll: Linking Digital & Banking DLC

Post by furmanbp »

I am trying to imagine how would that affect a game play and I can not find too much difference from current digital age business and software companies. How would that change game mechanics?
lillud321
Level 2 user

Post by lillud321 »

I Think it would be a great Idea. Currently, we can only have new customers from the branches. But these days there are a lot of 90% online banking. They have one or two branches and the rest are done online. So, we will have lower costs for the bank and a greater capacity for expansion. And it would better représente de modern world. :D
Kristo
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by Kristo »

Aren't the credit card companies exactly that? Digitalised version of banking? Banks offer financial services, including ones with software involved, so it really should be a bank offering digital financial services, not a internet company. After all even online banking is based on people going to the bank to open an account there. As for clients - if more financial services are added in Banking DLC, then some of them may be boosted digitally (for example currency exchange can be done online, money transfers too, and so on)
I think:
1) Include Credit Card Company as a firm
2) Digital Age can get an accounting software product
3) Add more financial services in a bank
4) If both DLC are active, may be - a bank can start its own e-commerce thing in the bank menu directly? Or new service become available, like online payments, which will boost the bank profits.
lillud321
Level 2 user

Post by lillud321 »

I really like your Idea but i think you mistunderstood what i meant when saying the Bank was online. Where i live there are Bank with branches that also has a internet présence. There are also Banks that only have a internet. you have to have a another Bank account to transfère money to it and it normal has better rates . They have no physical branches. They sometimes partent with ther Banks for certain transactions. So They are not credit card compagnies. They give me almost the same service as my other Bank that is more physical.
buells
Level 4 user

Post by buells »

Technology is hugely important to banks these days, so I think having online banking and insurance as software packages you can research if you have both DLCs would be useful. Most challenger banks have an online focus, usually entails lower fixed cost but higher net interest expense than having a branch network. Neither strategy should be inherently superior; the best approach or combination of approaches should vary according to competitive environment (e.g., incumbents' technology levels / extent of local branch networks, brand, and training level in a given city).