How do I increse monthly budget for election campaign??

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
alsrn90

How do I increse monthly budget for election campaign??

Post by alsrn90 »

Hello~

I have a question.

How can I increase budget for election campaign?
In my case, there is a limit to the amount of budget. Because of this, I can't win any election......

So please tell me how to break the limit or to increse the limit...
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: How do I increse monthly budget for election campaign??

Post by David »

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473

I will then test it and get back to you.
furmanbp
Level 2 user

Post by furmanbp »

alsrn90 check also if you are not trying to donate from your subsidiary or other owned corporation. If you are actually switched to one of this you will be only able to donate as much s they have got, not as much as you have got. At donation screen you can choose from whom you donating.
alsrn90

Post by alsrn90 »

David wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:15 am Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473

I will then test it and get back to you.
I sent my save file and MOD tha the savegame is using.
Please check my E-Mail and tell me how to sole the problem^^
alsrn90

Post by alsrn90 »

furmanbp wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:53 am alsrn90 check also if you are not trying to donate from your subsidiary or other owned corporation. If you are actually switched to one of this you will be only able to donate as much s they have got, not as much as you have got. At donation screen you can choose from whom you donating.
Thank you for your answer.
But my problem is not related to a budget of political party. My political party has enough the budget.
In my case, when an election starts, I can't increase a budget of each candidate over such an amount.
furmanbp
Level 2 user

Post by furmanbp »

Yes you are right, there is a limit, same happen in my current and previous game. I just realised what you mean. I do not know if it is same as in my situation but usually I could set up hmm (do not remember exactly) either 200% of the highest budget of the opponents or 150%. So yeah, I also got a limit but it always is higher than my opponents budget. Is it not this same in your case?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I asked the dev team and was told that there is indeed an upper limit for the monthly budget for election campaign for maintaining gameplay balance. If there were no upper limit, there would be two gameplay balance issues:

1) the political party with the deepest pocket will always win. This will make the gameplay of this aspect monotonous and less fun.

2) all political parties will end up spending more on election campaign. The current upper limit is $10 million x accumulated inflation x the city's salary level. Let's say that the upper limit is revised upwards to $20 million, then all parties will just spend more and the result may be pretty much the same as the current upper limit of $10 million.

If you think the upper limit should be increased or eliminated and can think of a way that will get around the aforementioned gameplay balance issues, please let me know.
gimlet

Post by gimlet »

In every election I've been in, the other parties may start out strong with higher ratings and high spending, but they always have run out of money well before the election - long enough for me to catch up if I keep spending at the allowable max, in fact long enough for me to be able to get well ahead in ratings and reduce my spending before the election (but I still watch them because they do sometimes come up with a little more funding). Have you been going to the election date, spending the max the whole time from the earliest date you can, and still losing? If so, bummer, I can't remember a time when I lost when I did that...
saferain
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by saferain »

If you do not have enough funds, you can reduce the number of elections. I usually start the game by concentrating all the enterprises in one city, and then wait for the election to mainly run for this city. The general election funds are adjusted to the maximum, and it is almost the first place around October. This is my experience, I hope to help you.
FCT team. Professional Chinese translation.E-mail:info_fct@163.com