IA don't release softwares

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
choum
Level 3 user

IA don't release softwares

Post by choum »

Hi,

I play in the last post version 6.4.03 with many companies (30).
I notices that most company build software building and research many things. Many of them create some software like OS or other but never build factory to publish them an DVD and sell them. So they never sale anything...
Is it possible to tune a little this to allow IA to be more realistic?

My best regards
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: IA don't release softwares

Post by David »

I started a test game in 1990 and the AI companies are making and selling OS and software products normally by 1997 - see the attached screenshot.

We will investigate the problem you encountered.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may email the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
Attachments
DigitalAge.jpg
DigitalAge.jpg (517.41 KiB) Viewed 1757 times
steven_cl

Post by steven_cl »

Hi David,

there is definitely something wrong with software companies, especially with companies focused on OS. In the first years of a new game they are working normal and making money, but a few years later (I tried in 2 different games) the OS focused company started to open a factory and closes it down a few weeks later:

1.PNG
1.PNG (74.04 KiB) Viewed 1692 times

They have OS tech knowledge of 100 and more but they are producing OS DVD's only for a few weeks and then they close down the factory for no reason (DVD and paper is available at seaports). And it seems they won't try to sell their software through ecommerce. None of the software companies has a ecommerce facility:

2.PNG
2.PNG (139.78 KiB) Viewed 1692 times

You can trigger this by waiting 5-6 years and this strange behavior will happen.

Greetings
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

steven_cl wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:14 am there is definitely something wrong with software companies, especially with companies focused on OS. In the first years of a new game they are working normal and making money, but a few years later (I tried in 2 different games) the OS focused company started to open a factory and closes it down a few weeks later:
Hi Steven, this bug has been fixed in the latest post-release beta version 6.4.06. Please download it from: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =10&t=7467