[Help]The OS Market Share Decreases

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
josephZ

[Help]The OS Market Share Decreases

Post by josephZ »

One thing weired. My OS market share decreases, with better quality, lower price and better branding. Even when I set the price to 0.01, there is still no difference. Is this a bug? Anyone can help?

josephZ

Re: [Help]The OS Market Share Decreases

Post by josephZ »

2020-05-30 10_45_28-Capitalism Lab.png
2020-05-30 10_45_28-Capitalism Lab.png (247.94 KiB) Viewed 1418 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

I remember having the same issue and it was explained to me that updates trump quality in software - in other words set your research to a very short cycle (6 months) and your teams to auto update the product after each cycle. If you are in a tech lead, then after each successful cycle you will see a large jump in sales which slowly tapers off over time, keep doing this and it will eventually lead to your market share stabilising at a very high level ahead of everyone else. It is also dependent on how many computers have been sold, but as far as I can tell the game doesn't look at the different types of computer (eg desktop, laptop, etc), which becomes a bit strange late game.

Or it is indeed a "bug"/behavioural quirk that needs fixing, in which case I would be happy to have this fixed as well.
josephZ

Post by josephZ »

I just got another reply on another forum, that says it was triggered by the E-commerial selling, which will leads to the occupation of the market sharing. I'm not sure if it's true.