4G Technology robots and AI replacing workers

Suggestions for new DLC projects.

4G technology reducing the amount of workers

1. Would you like to see reduced workers due to better technology in later games?
28%
2. Should there worker intensive companies vs Drone/ Ai base companies?
22%
3. Should the population decrease if there are no jobs?
22%
4. Should Caplab incorporate a future business model that has to trade off employment vs Technology advantage, considering how it would then sell it's produce to the population?
28%

Total votes: 18

baz
Level 4 user

4G Technology robots and AI replacing workers

Post by baz »

This post will try and tie in with my other post about wealth demographics.

I've played caplab for a long time and have played game years over a 100 game years and end up employing 100'000's of workers. Unfortunately the real world works differently, as technology replaces the workers. Could a future DLC incorporate technology changes that effect the working population? I've always play Caplab with farms, but the sad thing in real life is, there are now less farm workers than ever, this is due in part to larger, quicker, cheaper, more efficient machinery and chemical technology. In Caplab I have as many workers in my farms from year 1 that I do in Year 100, and i'm left thinking is that correct. Yes I understand that the farms have better productivity ranging at the start at 1 and going to 10 but in reality those workers would of been reduced, especially due to drone and AI technology. If your companies in 100 years employed far less, what happens to those that don't work, what in turn happens to your business as drones Ai don't buy products. the decision's you choose could and would determine what the population will be able to buy and where they live. At the moment the population leave but that's not true as where do they goto? This would then tie into wealth demographics and future understanding of what a future business would look like, How the population buys products and if other companies can step in and can create labour intensive jobs providing jobs whilst keeping competitive to a drone/Ai based company. Would the population buy more from a company that employs them rather than a company with very few workers but makes cheaper better quality robot made items?
I'm just opening up a discussion, but Caplab and it's series, have always tried to replicate the business world and i'm just looking at the future that's coming soon, if not hear already.