Suggestion and comments

Banking and Finance DLC for Capitalism Lab
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Suggestion and comments

Post by cantdownloadit »

https://imgur.com/pDQt8sl

When choosing the allocation rates, have a checkbox at the right side which will "freeze" that line, allowing easier configuring of the rates.

Having set up a subsidiary bank and watched mine + the 2 AI banks, it appears the fluctuations in loan defaults are just too huge. Loan defaults got up to 310% at one point, both AI banks went bust, i only kept mine afloat because it wasnt incorporated and i could keep doing large capital injections.

(also even making the bank only give loans to AAA and A customers still ends up with the default rate going over 300%).
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Suggestion and comments

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:33 am https://imgur.com/pDQt8sl

When choosing the allocation rates, have a checkbox at the right side which will "freeze" that line, allowing easier configuring of the rates.
Any suggestions about how the "freeze" interface element should look like? Any reference image?

cantdownloadit wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:33 am Having set up a subsidiary bank and watched mine + the 2 AI banks, it appears the fluctuations in loan defaults are just too huge. Loan defaults got up to 310% at one point, both AI banks went bust, i only kept mine afloat because it wasnt incorporated and i could keep doing large capital injections.

(also even making the bank only give loans to AAA and A customers still ends up with the default rate going over 300%).
The Economy’s Impact on Loan Defaults is customizable.

Please see: https://www.capitalismlab.com/banking-d ... -settings/

The setting is called: Economy’s Impact on Loan Defaults
It determines the economy’s impact on the loan default rate. When this is set to a higher value, loan defaults will soar at a higher rate during an economic downturn, leading to a potential liquidity crisis.

Therefore, this setting has a greater impact on the profitability of banks with large amounts of high-risk, high-interest loans.

If you find the risk/return trade-off of banks in your game is not in the range you prefer, you could adjust it using this setting.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

[/quote]

Any suggestions about how the "freeze" interface element should look like? Any reference image?

[/quote]

Just a standard checkbox either checked or unchecked

also is there no script option for setting for "Economy’s Impact on Loan Defaults" ?
Attachments
download.png
download.png (2.03 KiB) Viewed 881 times
David

Post by David »

Hmm.. Do you recall any games or apps that you have used that have such interface elements? What do those 'freeze' icons look like? Maybe there is a standard way for representing them, rather than just checkboxes.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

there definitely was one, cant think what it was called at the moment though

will the same setting be causing every single commercial/residential building to have spikes in occupancy like this ?
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (143.96 KiB) Viewed 874 times
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:33 am https://imgur.com/pDQt8sl

I would recommend that you create a poll for this suggestion on the Banking and Finance DLC forum: viewforum.php?f=52