Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta V6.6.07 full version installer has been released

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta V6.6.00 full version installer has been released

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:30 pm Also would be nice to have an option to use the default layout plan if the mod does not include one (i tried renaming the default plan file to the mod name but this still doesn't let me use default plans) - likely to take more of my time recreating the layouts for each mod.
You can do this by manually making a copy of the vanilla plan file as you mod's plan file.
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta V6.6.00 full version installer has been released

Post by paulwoman »

David wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:52 am Did you mean that the bug is that the goal system does not reward all the achieved goals in a single day and has to announce them one by one over several days?
Yeah. That's part of the bug. But the most important thing is, as you can see in "test 2" at 0:19,
subgoal.png
subgoal.png (732.64 KiB) Viewed 990 times
there are no sub-objectives with the "king of capitalism" rewards on display. The number goes from 5 to 1 starting with the configuration "1" up to 50 when doing the configuration 8 of a game.

After all this, I have only the main goal
king principal.png
king principal.png (282.56 KiB) Viewed 990 times
Also, at 0:22 of the video :
goal statut.png
goal statut.png (73.55 KiB) Viewed 983 times
the percentage of success of the objectives is well above 100% for a few seconds.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

So with the new venture capital, they invest in both companies listed on the stock exchange and in companies that haven't gone IPO yet but the website says

"Venture Capitalists only invest in companies in pre-IPO rounds. They are committed to long-term investments and do not actively trade stocks."

So how does this work as the starting companies have already had IPO's ?

I also noted the venture capitalists will sell stock when company tries to buy it back ? and i can buy the none IPO companies regardless of how much the Venture Capital person owns.. in the example i tried they owned 88% ? So it does not appear they will end up with much.

I would also ask why the player cant act as a venture capitalist, as it stands money paid to the player is essentially useless since you cant invest it etc ?

Also why is it never possible to purchase the telecoms/software companies ? (even though venture capitalists can invest in those ?)
torajiro
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by torajiro »

Switch to survival mode and start the game.
If you set the game speed to 1 or higher, you will continue to achieve your goals.

[Set up a factory to produce *** and launch it onto the market.]

Isn't it left with the settings for the game tester?

This is a phenomenon that occurs from the first installation, so I think it can be easily encountered.
David

Post by David »

paulwoman wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:38 am there are no sub-objectives with the "king of capitalism" rewards on display. The number goes from 5 to 1 starting with the configuration "1" up to 50 when doing the configuration 8 of a game.
The bug has been fixed. Please download the latest patch v6.6.01 from viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7886
David

Post by David »

torajiro wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:47 am Switch to survival mode and start the game.
If you set the game speed to 1 or higher, you will continue to achieve your goals.

[Set up a factory to produce *** and launch it onto the market.]

Isn't it left with the settings for the game tester?

This is a phenomenon that occurs from the first installation, so I think it can be easily encountered.
The bug has been fixed. Please download the latest patch v6.6.01 from viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7886
torajiro
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by torajiro »

David wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:52 am
It was already fixed, I confirmed.thank you.
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:05 am So with the new venture capital, they invest in both companies listed on the stock exchange and in companies that haven't gone IPO yet but the website says

"Venture Capitalists only invest in companies in pre-IPO rounds. They are committed to long-term investments and do not actively trade stocks."

I supposed that the venture capitalists have invested into these companies before they had IPOs. Does this make sense to you?
cantdownloadit wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:05 am I also noted the venture capitalists will sell stock when company tries to buy it back ?
Yes, this will happen. Any issues you saw with this?
cantdownloadit wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:05 am and i can buy the none IPO companies regardless of how much the Venture Capital person owns.. in the example i tried they owned 88% ? So it does not appear they will end up with much.
I don't quite understand what you meant above. Could you elaborate?
I would also ask why the player cant act as a venture capitalist, as it stands money paid to the player is essentially useless since you cant invest it etc ?
I also don't understand why "it stands money paid to the player is essentially useless". Please elaborate as well.
Also why is it never possible to purchase the telecoms/software companies ? (even though venture capitalists can invest in those ?)
It is always like that since the initial release of the Digital Age DLC. I guess it is the way the dev team designed the game. If you have a different opinion about how it should work, you may post your suggestion with a poll on the Digital Age DLC forum.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

David wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:50 pm
cantdownloadit wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:05 am So with the new venture capital, they invest in both companies listed on the stock exchange and in companies that haven't gone IPO yet but the website says

I supposed that the venture capitalists have invested into these companies before they had IPOs. Does this make sense to you?
cantdownloadit wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:05 am I also noted the venture capitalists will sell stock when company tries to buy it back ?
Yes, this will happen. Any issues you saw with this? - well the issue is Venture Capitalists are described as long term investors that do not actively trade stock, but they seem to buy it and sell back to corporations like other AI players
cantdownloadit wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:05 am and i can buy the none IPO companies regardless of how much the Venture Capital person owns.. in the example i tried they owned 88% ? So it does not appear they will end up with much.
I don't quite understand what you meant above. Could you elaborate? this is same as point above, i was able to buy the company for its deemed market value, so being owned by a Venture Capitalist didnt really do anything.
I also don't understand why "it stands money paid to the player is essentially useless". Please elaborate as well. - Money paid to player cant be used for anything really beyond political donations. - I cant invest it in companies if they need funding, if i buy shares personally it prevents my company buying them, and shares owned personally dont count towards company control, so if i own 90% of an AI company personally, i dont even control it, i cant set up a new company personally (this is a shame, if the player has money and there company goes bankrupt, they should be able to start a new company instead of the game ending.
It is always like that since the initial release of the Digital Age DLC. I guess it is the way the dev team designed the game. If you have a different opinion about how it should work, you may post your suggestion with a poll on the Digital Age DLC forum.
- This seems unbalanced, the telecoms company always makes a fortune so is always dominant by the time it goes IPO - however the AI venture capitalists can invest in this when nobody else can, which doesn't seem logical - I also cant see why the telecoms company would accept venture capital investment when it makes so much profit anyway ? (i have yet to see what happens when the telecoms company goes IPO so will review further at that point).
David

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta V6.6.01 full version installer has been released

Post by David »

Yes, this will happen. Any issues you saw with this? - well the issue is Venture Capitalists are described as long term investors that do not actively trade stock, but they seem to buy it and sell back to corporations like other AI players
But this is not active trading, based on the scenario you described:
"I also noted the venture capitalists will sell stock when company tries to buy it back"

The venture capitalist was responding to a purchase offer with a higher share price, as opposite to actively trading stocks.
this is same as point above, i was able to buy the company for its deemed market value, so being owned by a Venture Capitalist didnt really do anything.
I still could quite understand this. Could you provide an example?
- This seems unbalanced, the telecoms company always makes a fortune so is always dominant by the time it goes IPO - however the AI venture capitalists can invest in this when nobody else can, which doesn't seem logical - I also cant see why the telecoms company would accept venture capital investment when it makes so much profit anyway ? (i have yet to see what happens when the telecoms company goes IPO so will review further at that point).
The telecoms company accepted the VC before it started to make money, before the game's starting date presumably.

A more important point is that the VC feature was in large part created to make the Realistic Money Supply work without requiring the Survival mode.

You may see the previous discussion about this at viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7804

So all companies require VC's money, including the telecoms company, because of the Realistic Money Supply mechanism.

Again, if you have a different take on this, you could post your suggestion and get community's feedback on it. If it is practical and the community supports it, the dev team will consider implement it.