Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta V6.6.07 full version installer has been released

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta V6.6.00 full version installer has been released

Post by paulwoman »

David wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:51 am
paulwoman wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:38 am there are no sub-objectives with the "king of capitalism" rewards on display. The number goes from 5 to 1 starting with the configuration "1" up to 50 when doing the configuration 8 of a game.
The bug has been fixed. Please download the latest patch v6.6.01 from viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7886
The bug is gone :) Thanks.
ukrlex
Level 3 user

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta V6.6.03 full version installer has been released

Post by ukrlex »

David, you wrote that Cap lab post-release beta v.6.6.03 has " New Interfaces. 1) The toolbar at the left of the screen and the bottom menu bar have been completely redesigned, giving them a modern look".

The new interface really resembles buttons from primitive mobile games for children. It is absolutely inconvenient to use them. Bad pictures, poor color rendering, often - the purpose of the picture is unclear and you need to use a pop-up menu, pictures interfere with the game.
The image with available money should not be in the center of the screen. The goal of the game is not to enter IPO or receive money from bond. And you must see this image always in the center/ It is crazy!

This interface is a big step back!!! Sorry, but it is true!
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta V6.6.03 full version installer has been released

Post by paulwoman »

ukrlex wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:11 pm David, you wrote that Cap lab post-release beta v.6.6.03 has " New Interfaces. 1) The toolbar at the left of the screen and the bottom menu bar have been completely redesigned, giving them a modern look".

This interface is a big step back!!! Sorry, but it is true!

Please vote there :)
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7865&p=33501
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

ukrlex wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:11 pm David, you wrote that Cap lab post-release beta v.6.6.03 has " New Interfaces. 1) The toolbar at the left of the screen and the bottom menu bar have been completely redesigned, giving them a modern look".

The new interface really resembles buttons from primitive mobile games for children. It is absolutely inconvenient to use them. Bad pictures, poor color rendering, often - the purpose of the picture is unclear and you need to use a pop-up menu, pictures interfere with the game.
If you could provide me with more specific details about which icons you are not happy with, I will forward your comments to the dev team.

To facilitate that, I have put together the following screen comparing the new and old interface.

Let's go over them one by one:

Build firm icon - the new icon is a tool box in the shape of a house, implying that it is for building firms.

Buy land icon - it is very similar to old one, with improved shape and lighting.

Goal icon - it retains the design of the old one, with improved rendering and lighting.

HQ icon - With the new HQ word on it, it is actually easier to tell what the icon means than the old one.

Stock market icon - it retains the design of the old one, in a new graphic style.

The game menu icon - The old design, which is a book icon, is no longer the common icon design for accessing the game menu these days. That is why the artist has redesigned it to adhere to the modern icon design standard.

Options menu icon - the same reason as above. The tick icon used in the original interface does not do a very good job telling what the icon means. Thus it was replaced with the new icon, which is more fitting for its purpose.

The game speed icon - it retains the design of the old one, in a new graphic style.

Please let me know specifically which of these icons your criticism in your post was referring to and the exact reasons, and I will forward your comments to the dev team.
The image with available money should not be in the center of the screen. The goal of the game is not to enter IPO or receive money from bond.
Please be informed that the bar showing the public investor money is ONLY available when you enabled the Realistic Money Supply option and in Survival mode of the CES DLC. Otherwise it is not shown.

The dev team actually hasn't made any changes to this interface between v6.5.x and v6.6.x. If you have a different opinion with this interface, I would recommend that you post a new topic in the appropriate subforum, as this discussion thread is about the v6.6.03 installer.

You could post in the Suggestions forum about eliminating this interface and provide your reasoning. Like all suggestions, it will collect feedback from the community. If there is sufficient support from the community about removing it, the dev team will take note and consider making the change.
Attachments
icon comparison.png
icon comparison.png (1.21 MiB) Viewed 1172 times
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

As you can see in Anwar's post https://www.facebook.com/groups/2817581 ... 328797424/, there is a few problem when the value of the shares is significant. This is why the "price" column would need to take up more space, at the expense of the last column "share price".

Also, it would appear that the width of the window is not large enough, as the "M" after "295" is on the edge.

117606662_10216756932186388_668086636573741166_n.jpg
117606662_10216756932186388_668086636573741166_n.jpg (313.89 KiB) Viewed 1146 times
Note: The screenshot is in French but the locations are the same as in the English version.
jacccck

Post by jacccck »

need help for this bug : error on file : nation.cpp Line :289
David

Post by David »

jacccck wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:51 am need help for this bug : error on file : nation.cpp Line :289
We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
David

Post by David »

paulwoman wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:14 pm As you can see in Anwar's post https://www.facebook.com/groups/2817581 ... 328797424/, there is a few problem when the value of the shares is significant. This is why the "price" column would need to take up more space, at the expense of the last column "share price".

Also, it would appear that the width of the window is not large enough, as the "M" after "295" is on the edge.

117606662_10216756932186388_668086636573741166_n.jpg
Note: The screenshot is in French but the locations are the same as in the English version.
I asked the programmer about this and he told me that it is difficult to fix as there is just not enough space on the interface for extremely large numbers, which is uncommon and won't happen to most users.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

why do i start only owning 0.10% of my company with realistic money ? :O
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:38 pm why do i start only owning 0.10% of my company with realistic money ? :O
We will investigate the problem. Could you please provide us with your save game file ?