Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 6.6.07 Patch

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 6.6.07 Patch

Post by David »

Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 6.6.07 patch is now available for download at:
https://caplab.b-cdn.net/CB66076600.zip

This patch must be applied on top of version 6.6.00 or later. If you haven't installed it, please download the full version 6.6.00 installer from viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7881

Then extract the ZIP file to your post-release Beta version of Capitalism Lab program folder. You can open your Capitalism Lab program folder by right-clicking on the Capitalism Lab Post-release Beta game icon and select “Properties”, then select “Open File Location” to open the folder.

(The saved game files from versions older than 6.6.02 are not compatible.)

Version 6.6.07
Bug Fix
Fixed the NATION.CPP bug.

Improvement
Improved the visuals of the Cities report under the City Economic Simulation DLC.

Version 6.6.06

Bug Fixes
Fixed errors related to translation files.
FIX: Starting a new game now gives me no goals except found a new city, all the digital/software ones are gone.
FIX: AI mayors build apartments randomly in rural areas.

Version 6.6.05

Bug Fix
Fixed a bug that occurred when tech companies are set to go IPO on the Digital Age DLC game setting menu, while the Realistic Money Supply option is enabled.

Version 6.6.04

Bug Fixes
Fixed a bug in the Corporate Details report’s owned global stocks page.
Fixed a bug in the Insurance company’s owned global stocks and owned bonds pages

Translation
More text strings have been added to t_game.txt.

Version 6.6.03

Bug Fixes
Fixed a bug with Accomplishment goal
Fixed various translation issues.

Interface Improvements
1) New graphical buttons for hiring and headhunting talents, replacing the original text buttons.
You can still use the same shortcut key ‘w’ to hire, and ‘u’ to headhunt.

2) Improved translated text support: the popup product list window on the Manufacturer’ Guide and the Product Summary report now support key search for translated product names.

Test of the Export Function for Banking and Finance DLC
A test version of the Export Function has been implemented for Banking and Finance DLC.

This is a very brief test of the Export function. You can press CTRL-E while viewing the Corporations report to Export the Corporate Financial Overview data to a text file in CVS format, which can be imported into Excel.

Choose Semicolon as the Delimiter while importing it into Excel.

Please let us know your comments and your suggestions as to how you would like this Export function to be expanded.
Please provide feedback at viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7276

Version 6.6.02

Bug Fixes
Fixed a bug with the Mass Transfer Firms function.
Fixed a crash bug that occurred when the default goals are reset.
Fixed a bug that prevents functional units from levelling up.
Fixed various issues with tutorials and translations.
Various other minor bug fixes.

Minor Improvement
Now it is possible to remove the King of Capitalism Goal. It will ask you if you want to remove the goal at the beginning of a new game.

New Script Variables
1) Added script variables for the Venture Capitalists feature in Banking and Finance DLC.
https://www.capitalismlab.com/scripts/script-dlcs/

2) Added the following script variable for Telecom:

[Digital Age DLC]
Telecom Customer Stickiness = <1 to 1000>
(default value: 100)

If you think your telecom gains customers from rival telecoms too slowly, you may use this variable to change the speed at which it gains or loses customers in relation to rival telecoms.

A value lower than 100 means that customer stickiness in telecom will be lower than the default setting and the gain or loss of customers will happen faster. A value higher than 100 has the opposite effect.

The formula is:
<the original rate of gaining/losing customers> X 100 / <this Telecom Customer Stickiness variable>

For example, if Telecom Customer Stickiness is set to 20, then
The new rate of gaining/losing customers will be 100 / 20 = 5 times of the original rate.

Version 6.6.01

Bug Fixes
Fixed a bug with displaying the worker icons.
Fixed a bug in the goal system.

Gameplay Balance Improvement
Fine-tuned the Venture Capitalists feature.
Attachments
product list box.jpg
product list box.jpg (135.66 KiB) Viewed 2535 times
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 6.6.01 Patch

Post by cantdownloadit »

Goals still doesn't count subsidiary IE my subsidiary company has 100% of OS market, but it still doesn't count as market dominance - appears this applies to all software

(software goals also show nothing in target or current percentage)
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

AI still uses software studio to develop other products which prevents any digital OS sales.

I think software needs changing to allow digital sales even if its not the last developed product or something like this.
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:19 pm Goals still doesn't count subsidiary IE my subsidiary company has 100% of OS market, but it still doesn't count as market dominance - appears this applies to all software
My understanding is that it has been always behaving this way. If you have a different view on this, I would recommend that you create a suggestion post with a poll on the Suggestion forum for all goal types in general to count subsidiary market shares.

Personally, I think there are pros and cons to this approach and I don't think it is without controversy. It will make the goals much easier especially you choose to start the game with a couple established subsidiaries. But if the community supports this change, I believe that the dev team will consider changing it.
cantdownloadit wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:19 pm (software goals also show nothing in target or current percentage)
I just checked v6.5.x and it is the same. So it is not a bug introduced in this version.

Market dominance is achieved when a company has the largest market share which means that there is no fixed target percentage.
If you think otherwise, please suggest what the target value should be displayed.
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:32 pm AI still uses software studio to develop other products which prevents any digital OS sales.
Could you please send me the save game file on this?
I think software needs changing to allow digital sales even if its not the last developed product or something like this.
Please comment:
1) Why is it necessary to make this change?
2) How would you suggest modifying the interface to support this?
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

David wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:34 pm
cantdownloadit wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:19 pm Goals still doesn't count subsidiary IE my subsidiary company has 100% of OS market, but it still doesn't count as market dominance - appears this applies to all software
My understanding is that it has been always behaving this way. If you have a different view on this, I would recommend that you create a suggestion post with a poll on the Suggestion forum for all goal types in general to count subsidiary market shares.

Personally, I think there are pros and cons to this approach and I don't think it is without controversy. It will make the goals much easier especially you choose to start the game with a couple established subsidiaries. But if the community supports this change, I believe that the dev team will consider changing it.
Personally i just ignore goals, i tend to remove them as i dont really care about score, i just play for fun. But i cant really agree that it "makes the goal easier", the goal is complete because i do control 100% of the OS market, the game just doesn't recognise that fact - at any point i could merge the subsidiary with my main company and have the goal complete instantly. All it does is make the subsidiary option a handicap if you do care about completing the goals. (It also applies to internet company dominance too). If they are going to stay as they are i suggest some clarification within the goal screen that the software/internet goals only count the main company income, not any subsidiaries you set up.
David

Post by David »

If they are going to stay as they are i suggest some clarification within the goal screen that the software/internet goals only count the main company income, not any subsidiaries you set up.
I believe that it is the same for other goals, not only software goals. Did you testing reveal something different?

Again, as I said, if the community supports this change (a poll to be created), I believe that the dev team will consider changing it.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

David wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:57 pm
If they are going to stay as they are i suggest some clarification within the goal screen that the software/internet goals only count the main company income, not any subsidiaries you set up.
I believe that it is the same for other goals, not only software goals. Did you testing reveal something different?

Again, as I said, if the community supports this change (a poll to be created), I believe that the dev team will consider changing it.
The only goals i get are
Digital dominance which is internet/OS as mentioned above
Software Classes - as mentioned above
City Building - not linked to a company so not affected so i'm not sure what other goals you mean ?

As i said i don't use them so someone else can make a poll if they want, i just don't see the point of a feature can only be achieved if you choose not to use the Subsidiary DLC feature.

E.g Google owns Youtube, but by the goal rules were saying Google doesn't control a significant amount of the Video on demand market... which they do
David

Post by David »

City Building - not linked to a company so not affected so i'm not sure what other goals you mean ?
Product (non-software) market dominance goals. Revenue and profit goals.

There is a "Goal" page on the new game setting menu.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

David wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:08 pm
Product (non-software) market dominance goals. Revenue and profit goals.

There is a "Goal" page on the new game setting menu.
never used those so cant say how they perform.

edited removed picture and made new post with easier to read version.
Last edited by cantdownloadit on Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.