Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 6.6.07 Patch

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 6.6.01 Patch

Post by cantdownloadit »

AI not developing new versions of operating system still seems to happen ( see first few posts here viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7747 )

example save on current version (unzip both halves then open split zip file as usual)
Attachments
LYND_005.7z.002.7z
(4.65 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
LYND_005.7z.001.7z
(5.72 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

David wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:43 pm
cantdownloadit wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:32 pm AI still uses software studio to develop other products which prevents any digital OS sales.
Could you please send me the save game file on this?
I think software needs changing to allow digital sales even if its not the last developed product or something like this.
Please comment:
1) Why is it necessary to make this change?
2) How would you suggest modifying the interface to support this?
Here is an example save where company has developed a video editor at the OS firm which means the operating system is no longer being sold in a digital format which is not realistic at all.

I believe the software centre should be able to sell all products it has designed in a digital format

i would suggest something like this
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (176.05 KiB) Viewed 886 times
LYND_006.7z.002.7z
(4.37 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
LYND_006.7z.001.7z
(5.72 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

attached error generated by clicking shareholders tab (no mods)
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (161 KiB) Viewed 869 times
Colin

Post by Colin »

Since installing this patch my game closes as soon as I unpause... I tried doing a clean install, but that did not work either.
Colin

Post by Colin »

Colin wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:30 pm Since installing this patch my game closes as soon as I unpause... I tried doing a clean install, but that did not work either.
After a bit of testing it seems to happen when I "Remove goals" at the start of a game. If I don't remove the goals it appears to run fine.
ttt

Post by ttt »

Hey!

Love the digital age scenarios, thanks! i have 1 small problem: When digital age dlc is enabled, training doesnt work anymore (in any buildings). Sorry if that was already addressed, but i didnt see it discussed here or in the other thread.

Also, I'd like to suggest an option to keep the research system for the base game for traditional research when playing with digital dlc, and only apply talent system to new media reserach. Sometimes I just don't feel like micromanaging the talents. Also, it would be awesome if you had an option in the hq to auto raise the wages of talents that gained xp from training, i always worry that i will have them headhunted away if i train them to hard, and when you have more than 100 research centers, its no fun to keep checking all of them for discontent talents, so i often end up just not training them, which is a bit of a shame :(

Well, thanks for the new version, looks great!
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

ttt wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:59 pm Love the digital age scenarios, thanks! i have 1 small problem: When digital age dlc is enabled, training doesnt work anymore (in any buildings). Sorry if that was already addressed, but i didnt see it discussed here or in the other thread.
This will be fixed in the new version 6.6.02.
ttt wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:59 pm Also, I'd like to suggest an option to keep the research system for the base game for traditional research when playing with digital dlc, and only apply talent system to new media reserach. Sometimes I just don't feel like micromanaging the talents. Also, it would be awesome if you had an option in the hq to auto raise the wages of talents that gained xp from training, i always worry that i will have them headhunted away if i train them to hard, and when you have more than 100 research centers, its no fun to keep checking all of them for discontent talents, so i often end up just not training them, which is a bit of a shame :(

Well, thanks for the new version, looks great!
You may set the Talent System to Simplified as shown in the below screen. In this mode, you will not have to worry about your talents getting headhunted.
Attachments
talentsystem.jpg
talentsystem.jpg (147.2 KiB) Viewed 792 times
David

Post by David »

Colin wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:36 pm
Colin wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:30 pm Since installing this patch my game closes as soon as I unpause... I tried doing a clean install, but that did not work either.
After a bit of testing it seems to happen when I "Remove goals" at the start of a game. If I don't remove the goals it appears to run fine.
The bug has been fixed. Please download the latest version 6.6.02 from viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7886
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:40 pm attached error generated by clicking shareholders tab (no mods)
The bug has been fixed. Please download the latest version 6.6.02 from viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7886
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:32 pm AI not developing new versions of operating system still seems to happen ( see first few posts here viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7747 )

example save on current version (unzip both halves then open split zip file as usual)