Legendary Investor : Help Needed

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
Nativ_LdtSten

Legendary Investor : Help Needed

Post by Nativ_LdtSten »

Hi there everyone, I hope you all are doing great !

I have been trying over and over again the "Legendary Investor" scenario to push my limits on the stock market. I have been playing the game since Cap2 went out but I never managed to figure out how to win this scenario. I don't seem to find anything about a strategy or a proper stock market strategy guide to really get the most out of it. I am a day trader myself, though I feel completely bamboozled when I take a look into that.

Can you explain me a way of winning this scenario? Or a way of using that horrendous trading platform?

I'll give you a light bulb for each answer. <3
colonel_truman
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Legendary Investor : Help Needed

Post by colonel_truman »

I can show you a very strong strategy that works on standard game setups.

In this case:

1- Pause and Borrow the 50mm$ from the bank.
2- Use 5mm$ to build the HQ in Chengdu, and hire Jack Tonelli as COO.
3- Focus on Detroit at it has good size and decent wages.
4- Use 90mm$ to build a few retail stores (supermarkets, discount megastores) in areas where the store touches 3-4 landmarks, so it has good customer traffic. Above 40 is good.
5- Set up the stores so they can sell 4 products, then let the COO manage them. Run the clock. In a few days you will have a positive cash flow.
6- At the beginning of every next month, pause and borrow everything you can, and buy back ALL your shares. Overpay if needed as your stock price will skyrocket in no time.

7- You have free hands to focus on the big picture: acquisitions.
Depending on if there´s a second goal.
Use the cash flow to buy 4 winning corporations. If you focus on buying the corporations that expand ONLY in retail you will not waste your money, so check out the corporate´s menu often to see what kind of firms they build.
If there´s no second goal wait until you have a couple hundred million and start buying 4 losers cheap.
Things aren´t getting worse; our information is getting better!