Stock Market Index

Banking and Finance DLC for Capitalism Lab
UsF
Level 2 user

Stock Market Index

Post by UsF »

I might be blind and missing it, but is there a stock market index (or multiple) somewhere which I can use and judge to see if the market is going up/down without having to look at GDP?
It would be useful to have this to compare stocks to the overall index and see if your stocks are developing better/worse than the index.
SchrodingerGargoyle
Level 2 user

Re: Stock Market Index

Post by SchrodingerGargoyle »

There isn't a stock market index currently in the game, but you can gauge the economic situation by looking at the companies' PE ratios.

I think it would be nice to have it in the game, though. To do this properly, you would have to implement the option to allow (financial) companies to set up an Index Fund as either an Exchange Traded Fund or an open-end Mutual Fund. At that point, you might as well implement the option to set up a closed-end Mutual Fund for completeness. These financial instruments would be great to have in the game and could add the 'finance' to the banking & finance DLC. However, they are only feasible for the global stock market since there aren't enough listed shares for an investment management company (i.e. something like Vanguard or Blackrock) to operate in the local stock market. Also, implementing these features is probably going to be tricky.

On the topic of adding features to the banking and finance DLC, adding the option to set up an online bank/insurance company to the list of available internet companies would be an easy and gratefully appreciated new feature. These two internet companies shouldn't generate any revenue directly (like a bank/insurance front office) but should funnel the money to the bank/insurance headquarters.

As an aside, at the moment, the banks only operate as consumer banks. It would be nice to have some investment banks capabilities (e.g. brokerage services, M&A and IPOs)
FIIIIIG
Level 2 user

Post by FIIIIIG »

+1
rafaeltodero
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by rafaeltodero »

+1
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

UsF wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:36 am I might be blind and missing it, but is there a stock market index (or multiple) somewhere which I can use and judge to see if the market is going up/down without having to look at GDP?
It would be useful to have this to compare stocks to the overall index and see if your stocks are developing better/worse than the index.

good idea...
please look ... https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... 725#p36725
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

SchrodingerGargoyle wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:22 pm There isn't a stock market index currently in the game, but you can gauge the economic situation by looking at the companies' PE ratios.

I think it would be nice to have it in the game, though. To do this properly, you would have to implement the option to allow (financial) companies to set up an Index Fund as either an Exchange Traded Fund or an open-end Mutual Fund. At that point, you might as well implement the option to set up a closed-end Mutual Fund for completeness. These financial instruments would be great to have in the game and could add the 'finance' to the banking & finance DLC. However, they are only feasible for the global stock market since there aren't enough listed shares for an investment management company (i.e. something like Vanguard or Blackrock) to operate in the local stock market. Also, implementing these features is probably going to be tricky.

On the topic of adding features to the banking and finance DLC, adding the option to set up an online bank/insurance company to the list of available internet companies would be an easy and gratefully appreciated new feature. These two internet companies shouldn't generate any revenue directly (like a bank/insurance front office) but should funnel the money to the bank/insurance headquarters.

As an aside, at the moment, the banks only operate as consumer banks. It would be nice to have some investment banks capabilities (e.g. brokerage services, M&A and IPOs)

good idea .... please look https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... 725#p36725

Some Advices From 5 Bank Managers
#1 Post by mdemircan2 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:03 am

Hi David,
I played Capitalizm Lab Banking DLC ​​with 5 bank managers. They liked the Banking DLC, but saw some shortcomings; I wrote below:
A- The types of loans to be given by the bank should be diversified;
for example: 1-home loan, 2-commercial building loan, 3-educational loan,
4-Credit to companies: The bank should be able to adjust the percentage loan that is given to sectors.
For example 15% for Home accessories, 20% for textile, and 65% of the total deposit for the automotive sector.

B-There must be Sectoral Concentration:
The bank should distribute the loans to be given according to a certain percentage according to the loan types.
For example, 10% of the loans to be given by the bank as housing loans, 5% as education loans, 25% as commercial building loans,
It should be able to plan to give 5% of the loan to companies in the automotive sector.

C- The income sources of the bank should be diversified.
Currently, the bank only has income from interest.
example of income of the bank: interest income, income from banking transactions: EFT, account management fee etc...

D-Following the equivalence of the maturity of the deposits collected by the bank and the maturity of the loans to be given as a performance indicator.
For example,Does the bank use the deposit that has been collected with 1-year maturity to give a 1-year matured loan?
Or does it uses the deposit that has been collected with 1-year maturity to give a 3-year matured loan?
That's a significant issue.